Huztl supply Caber rings?

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking for some 52*1.2 rings for a 372 BB and I came across this listing on eBay.
Can anyone confirm that Huztl do supply genuwine Cabers. I'm doubtful.
Screenshot_20210517-184035.png

Kiwioilboiler

346 Pic Examiner
Local time
4:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well they came in.
Terrible pics sorry.
The packaging is different, but the rings themselves are etched Caber F. The script is not the same as the ones I had here, but I don't have any other way to differentiate them.

So, jury is still out. I do now have rings for the 52mm AM jug tho.
IMG_20210630_122435.jpg IMG_20210630_122615.jpg

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dunno Sean. I'd be totally confident if the packaging was the same.
But it's also not out of the realms of possibility that Huztl order in boxed bulk and then put em in their own little baggy.
Or the shady *f-worders got a laser engraver. More likely scenario in my mind. But I have biases.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had a look on eBay and some of the sellers show pics of said laser etched rings and others that are not etched at all . I know my meteor piston kit came with cabers and we’re not marked iirc

I also looked on meteor web site in the very few pics they show, they only show your original etching

so I’m still non the wiser.

I guess, and hopefully do contact meteor then we will be in the know.

edit there was a thread on AS but no conclusions apart from. farmatec buy in bulk, they probably could be buying them and selling them

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Or the shady *f-worders got a laser engraver. More likely scenario in my mind. But I have biases.
I had those fake rings once, possibly. Squeeze the ring shut and some more then they brake just like cheap cast rings. Lapping and lasers can not fix a cheap brittle steel mix. Hyway iron rings are better than those or the cheap old split rings that lose radial tension when you look at them. At least they stay in one piece. The ones I got were very brittle like old used up crap in a cheap tool like hand held leaf blowers.

This thread needs more Caber ring pics.

At least the pin seat is round instead of square like mine were :facepalm::facepalm: