Husqvarna T540XP mark II starting difficulties

xyzzy

OPE Member
Local time
4:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm experiencing a lot of issues with my T540XP mark II chainsaw when attempting to start it.
I can sometimes get it to ignite, but it never idles. It's possible to start when giving full gas at the same time,
but it dies when the throttle is released.

When attempting to start it, I noticed that gas seems to be trickling out of the exhaust. I'm guessing that the carburetor is getting flooded and spilling over, but I haven't seen this issue before on any of my other saws.

Does anyone have any suggestions what else I should check?
Should I replace the carburetor?
I've upgraded the software to no avail, and my saw is one of the newer saws that should not have the issue with hoses popping out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Creaky limb tree care

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
flooding carb may be down to the diaphragm in the carb being old and crunchy, holding the needle jet open.

AKJonsereds

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have the same saw and warm it acts that way. I usually just restart it on high idle and give it a few seconds before blipping it to standard idle…. Cold I just start it normal…..

Does sound pretty flooded. I believe there is a screw that can be adjusted for a leaner idle. I think I adjusted mine a tad when I got the saw. Believe I richened mine? If the saw is fairly new/low hour, I would try that (after letting it spit all the fuel out WOT).