High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna hand forged splitting maul.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So I have been wanting a new splitting maul / axe for some time. I wanted a really high quality tool that will last the rest of my life plus. Needlessto say that I found some really great contenders and I wanticipate to get at least 4 more lol.
The first one I got is the Husqvarna splitting maul. My first thoughts are you can tell some corners where cut. However they are easy corrected. Like the handle needed a good sanding and a few coats of linseed oil will do it good. Also the edge was not lined up perfectly. Most can be corrected with a file. It is a bummer to have to put work into a $100 maul but I also like that it was not a $160 and I can bring it up to my standards.
The handle actually harrings great grain orientation and density. The steel seems very good as well just by how it felt under the file.
I have already sanded the handle and started straightening the edge.
I will take the next week oiling it up and then do a rope wrap near the head for some over strike protection.
I will update as I go and put this to use and against other mauls and axes.

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had mine for years, it's one of my personal favorites.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have not got to use it much yet but did get the handle sanded and oiled. So far I like it. I hope I can get a few hours this weekend to split. Got a lot to catch up on.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
8:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks a good maul Corey a nice long angle on the wedge

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Nice review Corey. I have one just like yours. I bought it a few years ago though for $70. My handle was finished a little better than yours. It's stamped with the SAW Sweden Wetterling makers mark on the one side and hand forged on the other. Its good quality but not finished as nice as the mauls that carry the SA Wetterling name. As I understand it Husqvarna wanted all makers marks left of but they are still having them made by one of the Swedish axe makers. It's a nice maul and it will be nice to pass it on to my son, but I like my Fiskars x27 better.

20160910_093353.jpg

Attachments

• 20160910_093411.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 8

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wetterlings had the original contract to supply husky brand axes and mauls. Hultafors eventually took over. Both versions are excellent.