High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna coil testing

lannie

New OPE Member
Local time
8:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Does anyone have the specs for a Husqvarna 435 coil, looking for primary and secondary ohms specs ranges

I have fresh fuel, great compression, new carb, spark, not flooded, exhaust clear, new air filter, new spark plug, and it will not start. I read maybe the spark could be weak? hum, next is to test the coil and ignition in more detail assume

Anyone have the spes?

David

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
primary 0.4-2 secondary 6-10 is my guess. Is you air gap correct 0.3mm? With a firm pull and getting a nice spark, is what I look for.

lannie

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
im getting like 1600 ohms on the secondary. I get a spark. With a weak spark it should still pop, correct? I tried pouring a few drops of gas directly into the spark plug, just to see if it was not getting gas. Still no pop. I have replaced near everything new on the chainsaw. Its driving me crazy that it will not start. I can get it to pop if I use starter fluid. Since started fluid is mostly vapor, would that mean that my spark is way too weak to ignite gas?

lannie

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
im getting like 1600 ohms on the secondary. I get a spark. With a weak spark it should still pop, correct? I tried pouring a few drops of gas directly into the spark plug, just to see if it was not getting gas. Still no pop. I have replaced near everything new on the chainsaw. Its driving me crazy that it will not start. I can get it to pop if I use starter fluid. Since started fluid is mostly vapor, would that mean that my spark is way too weak to ignite gas?

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I am understanding you correctly, sounds like you have a fuel delivery problem. Spark plug wet after several pulls? Pinched fuel line? Fuel tank vent open? Have you tried a different spark plug? Air gap correct? Check simple stuff first.

lannie

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If I am understanding you correctly, sounds like you have a fuel delivery problem. Spark plug wet after several pulls? Pinched fuel line? Fuel tank vent open? Have you tried a different spark plug? Air gap correct? Check simple stuff first.
NO, I'm not getting a wet plug, I have a full tank of fresh gas, new carb, (the old carb does the same thing, the saw in in like new condition btw, new plug, new fuel lines, new air filter, new fuel filter, new primer bulb, and I check and triple checked the fuel lines, when I prime, I get fuel cycling through the carg and back to the tank. I have a very good compression, I check the piston for scaring, look brand new, whih the saw has very little hours on it, maybe 8 hours max, but it is about 5 years old. I use the saw about two weeks ago, It would run great until it warms up, then if I stop it I could not start it until it was completely cold, so I decided to try a new carb.

Its strange, if I choke it, it appears to hydrolock and appears to be flooded, but I take off the plug and the top of the piston is dry and so is the plug.

So I tired starter fluid and it pops and run about 2-3 second until it burns out the starter fluid.

I work on my owe cars, trucks, etc. But this chain saw is whipping me

I have near everything new etc the coil.

But I cannot figure out why the plug is not wet.

But if I pout a few drops of gas on top the piston, it will NOT pop, but it will with starter fluid which makes me thing it a weak spark.

lannie

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have money and I can bring it to the shop. I have another chainsaw. I really do not have to fix it. It's a challenge for me. I want to fix it myself. Its driving me crazy that it will not start.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check the coil-flywheel gap. Unplug the kill wire at the coil to rule out a short.
Try a different plug
Make sure you’re cranking it over fast enough

Could definitely still be something in the fuel system though