High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 550xp cylinder, run it or bin it?

Creaky limb tree care

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just rebuilding a 550xp, (due to a broken crankcase) On reassembly I noticed the cylinder wall has a little hole, It follows through to the outside thread of the handlebar mount.
Now, I can safely say this saw is all original and does not show any sign of being taken apart before and the length of the mounting bolt is nowhere near long enough to poke through the cylinder wall.
It's baffled me as the saw ran fine before and I'm wondering if it was like this from new?
My question to you guys is, would you run it or bin it?
Regards, Toby.

Attachments

• DSC_3529.JPG
    DSC_3529.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 109

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just rebuilding a 550xp, (due to a broken crankcase) On reassembly I noticed the cylinder wall has a little hole, It follows through to the outside thread of the handlebar mount.
Now, I can safely say this saw is all original and does not show any sign of being taken apart before and the length of the mounting bolt is nowhere near long enough to poke through the cylinder wall.
It's baffled me as the saw ran fine before and I'm wondering if it was like this from new?
My question to you guys is, would you run it or bin it?
Regards, Toby.

I see three holes, including the AV overshoot

You made me look at a toaster I have. Nothing showing.
What you see is not intended

6FDE1FE9-D43F-41C0-B039-463A83C00857.jpeg

Creaky limb tree care

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see three holes, including the AV overshoot

You made me look at a toaster I have. Nothing showing.
What you see is not intended

View attachment 212716
Yes you are right, I meant to mention it, there are also two little pin hole flaws in the liner too!
I know the holes are not meant to be there but I just can't get my head round the fact that they are present and how they occurred! because, even if a too long bolt was screwed into the anti vibe mount forcing through the cylinder wall it would have peeled the cylinder lining and destroyed the piston. It's a mystery to me!

Last edited: