High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 440e 2 tuning question

cwpinst

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have several chainsaws that I have accumulated over the years. I have found them pretty easy to tune by ear then verify with a tach. Friday, oI picked up a 440e 2 at Tractor Supply. It was a return that I got for a good price. I know this is a risk so I got the TSC warranty. I pulled the plug and the muffler. Everything looked perfect. The saw cranks easily. I had to fatten it up a bit on “L” and idle it up a bit. All in all it runs well but when I tried to adjust the “H”, it seemed to always 4 stroke even when I leaned it to 13,000 rpm. I settled on 12,500 for a max. Runs and cuts fine. Warm restarts are perfect but I thought it odd that it always seemed to 4 stroke when revved up.

One oddity that I noticed when the plug was out.......when slowly pulling the rope, as the piston came up and reached full compression, it seemed to drop for about 1/8th of an inch then rise again to full compression before it started its journey back down. It looked kinda like it was hiccuping. Is this normal?

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is this a question about tuning or what the needle on your comp gauge does when you pull the rope slow? I'm corn-fused. Or what the piston looked like it was doing through the plug hole? :roto2nuse:

cwpinst

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Two things I suppose .........is the full time 4 stroke sound at WOT, normal and is the ( visually observed through the spark plug hole) hiccup in the piston travel normal?

I am probably over analyzing. OCD I suppose . The saw does cuts well for what it is, but this is a bit different than what I am used to. Maybe an X-Torq thing?

Last edited:

Michael Rupley

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:53 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
analysis paralysis. You have a good saw and are looking for something wrong? Quit already. The hic-up without the plug is the magnets going by the coil.