jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys- I got two freshly rebuilt saws for sale or trade. Both were completely gone through by myself, a proud graduate of Stihl Icademy and the Haitian Institute of Beauty and Technical Massage Therapy.

The 390XP:
This one resulted from a lot of trading with members here. This one ended up with a fresh Meteor top end, new OEM PTO side bearing and seal, new Nachi bearing on the flywheel side, and all new gaskets and fuel system. The case gasket was fortified with Yamabond. The clutch and oil pump were minty, so I left them as is. The clutch cover is a new OEM wide-discharge. The muffler is modified and was done by a member here, and looks good. The starter assembly complete was a new OEM unit and I have the decal for it here somewhere. The ignition is an OEM unlimited unit.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took the 390 out on a local tree felling job for the US Forest Service and put a couple of Spruce trees on the ground with it and it seemed to do pretty well. The port shapes in the Meteor jug looked decent.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 562 has a similar story- new OEM bearings and PTO side seal (integral to the bearing), new gaskets, new handle and front mount, and a new OEM clutch cover/chain brake. I have the outer dawg for the clutch cover but haven't attached it yet.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 390 has a base gasket delete with Yamabond. The squish is sitting at about .023" to .024" and shows around 170psi on my newly acquired compression tester. The 562 has a stock base gasket and blows around 163-165psi so far. The cylinder and piston in the 562 looked really good so I left them as is but installed a new Caber F-cast ring. The carb is numbers matching to the ignition and the saw (all date from 2012) and has zero hesitation or performance issues so far (I ran this saw prior to the rebuild on a hazard tree job at 8,000').

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Both saws have a few dings and scratches, but nothing too distracting on the appearance of either. I'm looking to ship these PHO but if you need a bar, then we can probably work something out.

Things I can use in trade:
Pioneer 700/750/800/1750/1770/1771/1850 saws and parts
Pioneer P-35 (lol)
Alpina 120 saw or parts
Echo 1001
AR-15 quality brand flat-top upper (I really only need the upper unless you have a .300 Whisper or .458 SOCOM conversion)
Anything cool or interesting - Thanks!

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Haitian Institute of Beauty and Technical Massage Therapy...isn't that the same place from whence @Definitive Dave received his education?

I believe that's where he goes for "happy endings".... :embarazada:

Some day when I grow up ...I want me a JJ built saw. It's on my bucket list.