High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 350 experts please

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I purchased a Husqvarna 350 that was non running. It has good spark and good compression and will start on prime. It was obvious that it had fuel problems right off. Changed the fuel line and filter as it was broke and the filter was off. Still no start. Pulled the carb and it appeared that someone had been in there. Gasket missing on the metering diaphragm, cheap plastic fuel hose that was kinked on the pulse line. Replaced the pulse hose. Pulled carb and ultrasonic cleaned it. Installed a new carb kit, set needle lever with Walbro tool. Still no start. It acts like it's not getting pulse. When I start it a couple of times on prime, then pull the fule line off, there is no fuel present at the carb/fuel like junction.

What is the best way to check to see if the saw is getting pulse? I have a vac tester. Thanks guys...

gurwald

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Remove pulse line from carb, take spark plugg out for easier cranking och pull the cord and you should be able to feel the pulsing on the pulse line.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
1:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
350 gets its impulse through the intake boot. It’s probably sucking air through the plastic clamp and not getting enough pulse, or the boot can turn on the cylinder and break or kink off the rubber impulse port inside

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I purchased a Husqvarna 350 that was non running. It has good spark and good compression and will start on prime. It was obvious that it had fuel problems right off. Changed the fuel line and filter as it was broke and the filter was off. Still no start. Pulled the carb and it appeared that someone had been in there. Gasket missing on the metering diaphragm, cheap plastic fuel hose that was kinked on the pulse line. Replaced the pulse hose. Pulled carb and ultrasonic cleaned it. Installed a new carb kit, set needle lever with Walbro tool. Still no start. It acts like it's not getting pulse. When I start it a couple of times on prime, then pull the fule line off, there is no fuel present at the carb/fuel like junction.

What is the best way to check to see if the saw is getting pulse? I have a vac tester. Thanks guys...
Plug the vac tester into the pulse port and try to pull vacuum. Should be easy enough to tell if it's plugged.

bigfrank

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:27 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll give those tips a try.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got 359 to fix a while back that someone had thrown a China primer carb at. They plumbed it themselves too including a tee on the fuel return line to the impulse(which was disco'd at the intake) and the tank vent. I know not a lot of people know how it should go but take a second to make sure everything is in order.