jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked this beast up as a basket case. It was pretty much all there just needed to be torn down and cleaned up and gone over. I had planned on keeping it but I just can't justify a saw this size.
The guy I got it from said it was out of a repair shop that he worked at. Customer dropped it off to be checked out and get an estimate on repairs and then pretty much abandoned it for quite some time. Then decided he didn't want to put any money into it and traded it towards a new saw. The shop had no market for a saw this size and was just selling as is partially disassembled from the initial estimate.
So here's what I did to it. First off it had no spark ( probably the main issue) so I picked up an AM coil. I then stripped it down. I didn't split the case, crank bearings felt nice. During disassembly I found evidence that it had ingested something at some point. Whatever it was managed to bounce around in the intake port for a while causing some minor rash in the port, the back side of the throttle plate and the intake side of the piston ( see pics.) Cylinder is perfect not a scuff on it. The cases are in almost new condition possibly had been replaced after the ingestion? Which may explain why the ID tag is not on the saw( which i overlooked when i bought it). Plastics are dicolored and top cover got burned above the muffler.
So I cleaned up the intake port and piston. Cleaned all parts, painted muffler, rebuilt carb., re-strung the recoil w/new string and handle, disassembled oil pump cleaned and reassembled, installed new oil line and screen, new oil pump o ring, new oil tank vent, clutch shoes are new as well as drum bearing. Coil is unlimited I believe and carb is fixed jet for the high side. Starts runs and oils well. See pics. Any questions let me know. PHO. $760 your door lower 48 only. Not looking for any trades. 20160820_202922.jpg20160822_200254.jpg20160822_200312.jpg20160822_201252.jpg20160822_202414.jpg

Last edited:

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Local time
4:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
great looking saw and a steal of a price.

huskytime

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You could probably run a pretty good size Alaskan mill with this one eh? Or a small go cart...

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Price drop $720 shipped

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'd honestly throw a meteor in there and it'd probably sell straight away, that crack on the piston skirt just doesn't bode well with my conscience in case it failed and damaged an otherwise brilliant saw.

Plus it'd be better to not get any bad rep if the piston does break up in 6 months time.

Other than that, beautiful saw that I very nearly bought myself!

jk14

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd honestly throw a meteor in there and it'd probably sell straight away, that crack on the piston skirt just doesn't bode well with my conscience in case it failed and damaged an otherwise brilliant saw.

Plus it'd be better to not get any bad rep if the piston does break up in 6 months time.

Other than that, beautiful saw that I very nearly bought myself!

I assure you that he piston is not cracked. In the one picture there is what looks to be a crack but it is not. It does have some rash on the intake side however. I polished it up with scotchbrite witch camoflouged the machine marks witch are still visible. Buyer can do whatever they like. I posted all the pics. so any potential buyers can make their own decision on what to do. If I go back inside this thing I'll just end up keeping it.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Apologies then, just from the picture there looked to be a hairline crack in the skirt