Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:38 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 42 Special grenaded a couple of weeks ago so I'm doing a complete rebuild. My PTO bearing had one of it's metal retainers end up in the crank. Anyone happen to have one they don't need anymore it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Contact the dealer.

They've been NLA for a few years now. I was hoping someone had one squirreled away for a project that they didn't use. My 42 Special and my 2511t are my main saws on the farm for trimming around fields. I'm hoping to get it back going again.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They've been NLA for a few years now. I was hoping someone had one squirreled away for a project that they didn't use. My 42 Special and my 2511t are my main saws on the farm for trimming around fields. I'm hoping to get it back going again.
Last I knew they released a bunch around 2 yrs ago, sure theres one in the system somewhere.
Someone on the 2 series thread or 242/42 thread(cant remember if theres both or one or the other) should be able to help.
I use my 242xp quite a bit since I sold my last 241, handy saws.

Edit: heres the link to the thread I was thinking of.
https://opeforum.com/threads/the-husky-42-42-special-242-246-thread.6191/

Flip

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got that thread memorized, so much great info. Some people in that thread mentioned that they were able to get a new one when they were available a few years ago so was hoping someone had one they didn't end up using. I like this saw so much I spent way too much money building a 242 from ebay parts. The only thing I'm missing on that saw is a PTO bearing and a chain brake.

I've always been curious how the 241 stacked up against the 242, how did you like the 241 compared to it? I've almost pulled the trigger on a 241 a couple of times.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got that thread memorized, so much great info. Some people in that thread mentioned that they were able to get a new one when they were available a few years ago so was hoping someone had one they didn't end up using. I like this saw so much I spent way too much money building a 242 from ebay parts. The only thing I'm missing on that saw is a PTO bearing and a chain brake.

I've always been curious how the 241 stacked up against the 242, how did you like the 241 compared to it? I've almost pulled the trigger on a 241 a couple of times.
I saw you were in there when was looking through it last night. I'd mention you are looking for those parts there as some of them may not see this ad.

I like them both, the 241 is more refined and better on fuel. The later model 241's had a return to run master switch, side tentioners, captive bar nut, flippy caps, all items that make running it more efficient so its a great work saw, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if the price was right. The 241 also has nice AV, decent air filtration, and is fairly easy to get parts for. The 242 is a great saw though if that's what you have, and besides its the right color orange :b1:.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited: