Trader history (4)

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up for sale is a Husqvarna 181. I got this saw from a buddy who went through it and did a woods port on it while he was in there. He also installed a new oem recoil assy. Since I got it I've installed a green weenie air filter setup, a @Mattyo blue hi-top, and an oem full wrap. I also custom made an outer dog to match the inner one, and I made a new inner dog with a provision for a roller chain catcher. I've run it probably 10-20 times since I got it in late 2020 so, with the most recent time being in early April of this year. It runs, cuts and oils well and the only flaw is that the band adjuster on the (working!) chainbrake handle rubs on the wrap and it'll set the brake every now and again. I was going to buy a plastic-flagged cover for it but I'll let the new owner decide what they want to do. I'd like to get $650 + the ride for it with the 36" bar and a good used 3/8 x 0.063 for the same, or $600 + the ride pho.
edit: I took a close up pic of the dark spot on the underside of the case to show that it's just darker mag and not jbweld.
IMG_7361.jpeg IMG_7362.jpeg IMG_7363.jpeg IMG_7364.jpeg IMG_7366.jpeg

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Up for sale is a Husqvarna 181. I got this saw from a buddy who went through it and did a woods port on it while he was in there. He also installed a new oem recoil assy. Since I got it I've installed a green weenie air filter setup, a @Mattyo blue hi-top, and an oem full wrap. I also custom made an outer dog to match the inner one, and I made a new inner dog with a provision for a roller chain catcher. I've run it probably 10-20 times since I got it in late 2020 so, with the most recent time being in early April of this year. It runs, cuts and oils well and the only flaw is that the band adjuster on the (working!) chainbrake handle rubs on the wrap and it'll set the brake every now and again. I was going to buy a plastic-flagged cover for it but I'll let the new owner decide what they want to do. I'd like to get $650 + the ride for it with the 36" bar and a good used 3/8 x 0.063 for the same, or $600 + the ride pho.
edit: I took a close up pic of the dark spot on the underside of the case to show that it's just darker mag and not jbweld.
View attachment 337806 View attachment 337807 View attachment 337808 View attachment 337809 View attachment 337810
That is a dandy old legend. Sounds like a lot of fine works been done. The 181 is the real deal. I think that model helped paved the road for the smaller lighter Era especially for today..it kinda reinveted the wheel. My opinion, and many of those old husky saws, are still worthy and able to do the job and make money today. Good price too.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update: Per a request on AS I've got a video of the 181 cutting a few cookies and another one of it "noodling" with the bar buried, if anyone wants to pm me their # I can text them the videos. I'll also try posting it on Youtube, but I kinda doubt I'll be able to figure all that out. Full disclaimer, the clutch cover got packed with chips towards the end of the noodling vid so I had to cut that one a bit short.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i assume it is all oem,i.e.,carb,cylinder,piston,etc.-when your friend went through it doing a mild port job,did he replace bearings,oil pump,etc.?THANKS!
Everything except the top cover and v-stack/pod filter setup is oem as far as I know. My buddy is not a fan of a/m parts outside of the old NWP big bore kits Baileys used to sell. I doubt he replaced the oil pump, but I know that at a bare minimum he checked the bearings, confirmed everything was in good working order, and did a pressure/vacuum test after reassembly. I'm pretty sure he did all new bearings, seals, and gaskets but I cannot swear to that. I know that's a bit vague but I will vouch for his work and if there are any issues I will be more than willing to either send you the necessary parts or fix the saw myself at no charge. I can also ask him for further details but as it's been 3 years since he sold it I doubt that he will remember exactly what he did on it.

roger collins

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything except the top cover and v-stack/pod filter setup is oem as far as I know. My buddy is not a fan of a/m parts outside of the old NWP big bore kits Baileys used to sell. I doubt he replaced the oil pump, but I know that at a bare minimum he checked the bearings, confirmed everything was in good working order, and did a pressure/vacuum test after reassembly. I'm pretty sure he did all new bearings, seals, and gaskets but I cannot swear to that. I know that's a bit vague but I will vouch for his work and if there are any issues I will be more than willing to either send you the necessary parts or fix the saw myself at no charge. I can also ask him for further details but as it's been 3 years since he sold it I doubt that he will remember exactly what he did on it.
thanks for the info pm sent