Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
1:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a little incident while cutting some Pecan saplings out of the Figs today. Fortunately it was just a love bite but could have been a-lot worse. I can't stress this enough guys and gals buy PPE and WEAR IT!!!!!!!

That is all,
Joe

Magic_Man

Oh Yea !
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hope all is well, and thanks for the reminder that safety comes first.

SteveinUT

Have gun - will travel
Local time
11:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Just bought my first set of chaps as well. Had a close call with a chain that was still decelerating last summer that made it through the first layer of a brand new pair of double front Carhartts. Just a simple bump against my thigh when I was getting tired and not paying attention. It got my attention.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Joe, Glad you're ok. Did ya get any stitches? My son and I started wearing chaps 100% of the time after seeing someone else's misfortune on fhc.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was my close call and eye opener. This is my pair of Hammill insulated overalls. I did this a couple years ago while cutting wood with a couple buddies. It was late in the day and we had been cutting all afternoon. Guess I was getting tired and wasn't paying full attention. I got lucky. The chain never touched skin. Now I wear my chaps every time I go cutting.image.jpeg

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Joe, Glad you're ok. Did ya get any stitches? My son and I started wearing chaps 100% of the time after seeing someone else's misfortune on fhc.

No sir, there was nothing left to stitch, chains are super effective at removing flesh. :cunaooooo:

Joe

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
12:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Glad you survived. I caught my chaps once, chewed through my cellphone case that was in the pocket, pulled a tuft of the saw stop material. I pay attention a little better to how tired I am.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
only coinkidink i ever had was when i was limbing trees and my saw threw the chain and it tapped me in the sack.thank god for chain catchers.as you guys know a light tap to the sack hurts much worse than a punch or kick.i sat down for a while and gagged before i looked for damage.luckily the chain was ok didn't even dent a tooth.