Husky/Jonsered Eliminator cover

Diggger

Active OPE Member
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys, I’m new here. Ive done a lot of reading and poking around but never posted here. I have several saws, but two of my favorite are my husky 266 and jonsered 630. Both have full wrap handles, and I just picked up some old stock 28” Techlite bars for them, i realize people had issues with these bars but I don’t do anything super heavy duty. Plus they were much cheaper than any other light bar so I thought why not try em.

Anyway, the 630 has an eliminator high top cover and a k&n filter. I understand these covers are very rare and long discontinued. And I got the saw for free too! It runs great but the original k&n filter is in kinda tough shape. Anybody know where I can get a replacement filter? The 272xp HD filter looks pretty similar, does anybody happen to know if it fits? Here’s a pic of the saws. Thanks!

IMG_9804.jpeg

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Eliminator top covers came with their own "air horn" that the filter mounts to. Can you take a pic of which air horn your saw has? The type of air horn will determine what filter would fit.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, that's the original air horn. Look and see if there's a number on the K&N filter - in the old days they would put the
model number of the filter on the body of it and then you can use that number to shop for a replacement.

If there's no number, then get the dimensions of both the filter and the mounting lip and you can search via Google for
filters of similar size and mount.