High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

husky 372 x torq problems

Brian Carlson

Wanna be saw builder
Local time
2:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Trying to get this saw going well and it would start and run good but shut it off and try to restart and it would flood. Found needle in the carb not sealing off. Now when trying to start it the saw backfires through the intake. If you can get it started it runs and idles pretty well but it's a bugger to get going. If the engine has been ran and stopped I can't get it to restart without going to half choke. The cylinder has no scoring and good compression and flywheel key is good. I am thinking it has something mismatched on it from the older ones to the newer x torque. I had one once a guy put the wrong piston in it but it wouldn't run and only backfire. Any help is appreciated.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+3 on the coil. If you'd be interested and have the time to wait for shipping I've got the stock blue coil out of my 372XT I could send out to you for nothing, saw was running perfect when I swapped it for a black coil. It's just sitting on my shelf and I'll never use it again.

A little info: when my XT was stock it would absolutely refuse to start hot unless I set the fast idle. Strange but that's how it was but I didn't have back fire through the carb. It also would not start using the decomp until I raised compression, it would just flood out hot or cold. Both of these quirks are unrelated to your symptoms but thought they might be worth sharing because it took me a little bit to get dialed in on my saws personality.

Last edited:

Brian Carlson

Wanna be saw builder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the coils interchange from the xp to the x torque??? And how about the flywheels are they the Same???

Brian Carlson

Wanna be saw builder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I believe I have another coil laying around to try. I may experiment with it first.

GoBigBlue1984

Bluegrass Fart Knocker...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going with coil as well, had a 372 once that did the exact same thing. Low top, backfired and blew holes in the filter. Switched out coils and voila!

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know if the coils interchange from the xp to the x torque??? And how about the flywheels are they the Same???
Yes, the coils interchange. The only slight difference is the XT needs a little longer plug wire to keep it off of the cooling fins. I believe the flywheels are the same as well.

Brian Carlson

Wanna be saw builder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sweet I will give it a try and let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for the help.