popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 359 almost wont four stroke,
Firstly it just wouldnt four stroke at all, even with needle valve almost all the way out.. an after 2-3 turns out it stops making difference.
Cleaned carb, replaced both diaphragm and membrane raised metering valve a bit, now it barely four strokes at full throttle.
needle valves do not make any significant difference, acceleration seems sluggish, im 99% that it doesnt leak on crankshaft seals(new oem seals)
Idle Needle doesnt make a difference until given throttle and i cannot really kill it by richening too much on idle valve.
Also it doesnt seem to be leaking air, can be easily killed with choke, just like perfectly working one.

Edit: rpm doesnt change a bit from rotating a saw in any direction

What do you guys think? Is it carb problem? I cannot really get new one in this time, so if its atleast temporary fixable it would be good.

Last edited:

AKJonsereds

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely watch that video.

Also, make sure the carb intake gets installed in/on the cylinder well. I had one that had a flap cut in the boot that fits into the cylinder. It would cover the impulse and leaked around the impulse at the cylinder.

Make sure the lever is set properly on the needle—-kits are often too low and need tweaked up (sounds like you did that once?). I think that the lever needs to be level with the carb body?

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
8:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should pressure test. Air leaks happen lots of places (de-comp, spark plug, case, base gasket, and yes, fresh crank seals).

Definitely could be a carb problem though. Something is wrong with your mix. Too much O2 or not enough fuel. Blockage on the high needle, metering needle bore or bad diaphragms. A gentle blow out with carb cleaner and new diaphragms can do wonders.

If you can’t pressure test, plug the de-comp, tighten the plug and do a carb kit. Maybe that is all you need.

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright, i "fixed" it, nothing was apparently broken or bad, just a bit different than i learned doing.
Im used to have a full range od adkuatment, from lean bogger to four stroking tractor, but zama doesnt allow that, only miniscule adjuatments..
So i replaced maim jet with one with a bivger holes, its wokring now and jas full range of adsjutment.
Thanks everyone who tried to help.

Edit:sorry for mistakes, im not really a phone typer

popopboat

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forgot to mention, worn bar was cause for sluggish acceleration, chain was catching bottom of the rails on the tip of the bar and caused excess drag.
Now it accelerates pretty much instantly.