Husky 357 rebuild

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Swapping cranks on a 357xp found the disassembly instructions in manual and it said to heat cases and tap crank lightly out of the cases. I followed the instructions and the bearing came with the crank is it supposed to? Already bought the crank tool to reinstall

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might can heat bearing up and tap it off. Also I use a hf heating gun to heat up case half and put bearing in freezer makes for easy install

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So pull bearing of crank and then install in case and pull crank in then? I have a bearing puller to take the bearings off. This is the good crank that I’m replacing a low hour saw that snapped on clutch threads. I don’t have the good saw apart but if the bearings come out with the crank on that one I wonder if I should just talk him into new bearings or reuse the old ones.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So pull bearing of crank and then install in case and pull crank in then? I have a bearing puller to take the bearings off. This is the good crank that I’m replacing a low hour saw that snapped on clutch threads. I don’t have the good saw apart but if the bearings come out with the crank on that one I wonder if I should just talk him into new bearings or reuse the old ones.
If it's apart, there's really no reason not to throw new bearings in it. Especially on that saw, which uses 6202s on both sides.