Husky 265RX

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have the secret to getting a 265RX brush cutter running? Since it was new I have spent more time pulling on the cord than I have spent cutting with it. I could have cut everything down with a scythe with less work than I have spent pulling on the cord. It still has the tag on it from the repair shop. It worked for a short time and then died again.
I have had the worst time with Husky products and have completely lost faith in the product line.
My Stihls and Echos always start right up and run.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
have you done any kind of diagnostic effort? it needs fuel, compression and spark...do u have those?

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i cant imagine running a 65cc brushcutter, watched a couple vids after seeing this thread, looks like a pretty brutal machine

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
9:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used them in the past on thinning jobs, yea quite heavy but very powerful too. Not too bad if you have a premium harness

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have the secret to getting a 265RX brush cutter running? Since it was new I have spent more time pulling on the cord than I have spent cutting with it. I could have cut everything down with a scythe with less work than I have spent pulling on the cord. It still has the tag on it from the repair shop. It worked for a short time and then died again.
I have had the worst time with Husky products and have completely lost faith in the product line.
My Stihls and Echos always start right up and run.

Did you put fresh gas in it? Is the choke working properly?

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry for not getting back right away. Had an emergency.
The gas is fresh canned premix.
I have many things that I'm trying to get done and little time. I brought the unit to the place I bought it and have been doing business with for forty years. It still has the work tag on it. I brought it up to the mountain to do clearing. It ran for a short while then died. This has been the history of this machine since it was new. Very temperamental. My 371 XP was like that. Ran like the devil then decided to not run.
I think that when I have time this Winter I'll break it down and rebuild it. I just don't have time now to deal with this.
And yes, the choke appears to be working properly. That's as much as I broke it down to check.

RonL

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This kind of strikes a funny note with me. Seems like since I retired I have more to do and less time to do it.

t_fishaa

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do you Still have the old 265rx by chance and would you consider selling it? i’m aware the thread is old but man been looking for 2 years to purchase one and i can’t find a single one close or somebody willing to post!