jacktheripper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking for an HS224 and two WT194 carbs that are known to be functional.

I have a 266xp with a worn-out throttle shaft on its hs224, and two 026's with nozzle issues on their wt194's.

Would trade parts or chains, or pay cash.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jacktheripper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have two vintage 24" Homelite roller-nosed bars in great condition, and one 20" as well, if that is tempting to anyone.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello,

I am looking for an HS224 and two WJ194 carbs that are known to be functional.

I have a 266xp with a worn-out throttle shaft on its hs224, and two 026's with nozzle issues on their wj194's.

Would trade parts or chains, or pay cash.

Thanks!

You also wanna buy my 024s and parts? I have a spare carb that I'm 99% is a 194, but I can double check. I can see what the other two are also, as I feel like they are 194. I'll give you a good price with the bars and chains also.

jacktheripper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You also wanna buy my 024s and parts? I have a spare carb that I'm 99% is a 194, but I can double check. I can see what the other two are also, as I feel like they are 194. I'll give you a good price with the bars and chains also.

I'd love to, but then I'd still need two more 194's! I have an additional 026 and an 024 project in a box right now. Maybe sometime this winter, when I start getting the projects moved along and have more room! I do know that 024's and 026's don't take long to sell around here in Wyoming.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
6:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have several 163A that are known good, I think I have a few 224’s as well. Let me check and see what I have…

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got 3 224a carbs that all came from 266XP carcass’ none of the shafts are worn that I can tell. I’ll throw them in the ultrasonic cleaner tomorrow and see what they look like cleaned up. Need any other 266 parts while I am out there scrounging?

jacktheripper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, great! I just need seals/gaskets/fuel line, which I'm planning on getting new. I guess I should ask: do you have any top/flywheel/clutch covers? I have aftermarket ones, but OEM would be awesome.

bretts

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's the difference between the 394 and 194 carbs?...

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, great! I just need seals/gaskets/fuel line, which I'm planning on getting new. I guess I should ask: do you have any top/flywheel/clutch covers? I have aftermarket ones, but OEM would be awesome.
I have re-built several 266 series Husky’s using the Hyway gasket and seal set from Bruce, they work just fine *******EXCEPT******* the intake block gasket. Buy an OEM or cut your own (I cut my own) or you will have an air leak. The seals look to be on par with the OEM quality. Of course, use good bearings and make sure you remove the metal or plastic dust shields before installing.

None of the parts you have listed that I don’t need to complete my projects are worth using. I think I bought 6 carcasses to put together 3-4 decent saws, as well as a few spare parts (coils, screws, seal carriers, clutch’s etc.) left over. I’ll get to the carbs today, I got tied up on something else yesterday and wasn’t able to make it out to the shop.

jacktheripper

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have re-built several 266 series Husky’s using the Hyway gasket and seal set from Bruce, they work just fine *******EXCEPT******* the intake block gasket. Buy an OEM or cut your own (I cut my own) or you will have an air leak. The seals look to be on par with the OEM quality. Of course, use good bearings and make sure you remove the metal or plastic dust shields before installing.

None of the parts you have listed that I don’t need to complete my projects are worth using. I think I bought 6 carcasses to put together 3-4 decent saws, as well as a few spare parts (coils, screws, seal carriers, clutch’s etc.) left over. I’ll get to the carbs today, I got tied up on something else yesterday and wasn’t able to make it out to the shop.

Thanks for the advice! Just let me know whenever. I actually have been using the Hyway carb gaskets and seals for my 266 projects, and cutting my own intake block gasket. I found that an old leather punch with the revolving head works great for punching holes when making your own gaskets.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the advice! Just let me know whenever. I actually have been using the Hyway carb gaskets and seals for my 266 projects, and cutting my own intake block gasket. I found that an old leather punch with the revolving head works great for punching holes when making your own gaskets.
Well 2 look like they will be fine, the 3rd however might be a parts carb…. All 3 are in the ultrasonic as we speak…The middle carb had white crap inside the top cover…IMG_3050.jpegIMG_3051.jpeg

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well like Meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. jack, check your dm…