How to Know What EBay Carb To Buy?

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it Walbro or Zama? I bot a cheap Chinese carb for my Echo Weed Whacker about 5 years ago, and it has been spectacular. I'd like to get another and put it on the shelf just in case. The carbs are cheap, like 12 bucks or so. But I have no clue on what to get None of those carbs on ebay are going to tell you if it's for a 2601. Clues on what to look for? Thanks.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Wonkydonkey Having to read two threads is not the worst thing that can happen to you, right? Certainly better than having Prince Harry and his vacuous pinhead entitled snotty second-rate actress wife Meghan Markle move back home so they lecture you instead of us Yanks.

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

sorry I pushed post too quickly.. I,m not sure if your reply is joking or serious.. but I do find it fuuny as fuk ..
because I’m a person, that has a very open mind to politics and the Royals.. ie everyone has there right to there opinion..

and I just washy me hands with both and like to see the funny sides. :borra2:

Btw. I’ve had the company of a women all weekend … so my endorphins won’t allow any negativity :cool: Edit I can’t bite.. I’ve chewed enough hair pie
:SimpHomer:

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does it really effing matter if I posted twice? Did it take any money out of your pocket? Then don't sweat the small stuff.

Last edited:

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
sorry I pushed post too quickly.. I,m not sure if your reply is joking or serious.. but I do find it fuuny as fuk ..
because I’m a person, that has a very open mind to politics and the Royals.. ie everyone has there right to there opinion..

Btw. I’ve had the company of a women all weekend … so my endorphins won’t allow any negativity :cool: Edit I can’t bite.. I’ve chewed enough hair pie
Yeah, if you drink an orange soda, you can get that fishy taste out of your mouth. The dentist should be able to give you a haircut, then you'll be perfectly cleaned up.

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on the existing carb, look on the body for the model number or part number. Then look that up online to get the details.

Walbro carbs, from experience, wanna say that almost always have "walbro" stamped on them. I think zama does too but maybe not as consistent. But based off that original carb make/model is what to go off of when searching amazon or ebay now for the < $20 replacement that comes with fuel filters spark plug and other chit.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/e...er-brushcutter-parts-c-35043_35180_35667.html

quick guess based on google "Echo Weed Wacker 2601" shows

Carburetor Wyj-192 Part Number:12300057732

and Wyj-192 on the internet is walbro.

google Wyj-192 substitute = https://www.ebay.com/itm/222904608385 ... and one as cheap as $9.89.

... walkbro stuff usually starts with a W,
Zama is often C1U- ... http://www.zamacorp.com/carburetors.html

theres HIPA which i think is one of the knockoffs... https://www.hipastore.com/collections/carburetors

I suspect regardless of make they are all made in the same village in china

Last edited:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, if you drink an orange soda, you can get that fishy taste out of your mouth. The dentist should be able to give you a haircut, then you'll be perfectly cleaned up.

bro your humour is orgasmic.. but I ant biting :risas3:

I hope we can still be buddies ;)

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on the existing carb, look on the body for the model number or part number. Then look that up online to get the details.

Walbro carbs, from experience, wanna say that almost always have "walbro" stamped on them. I think zama does too but maybe not as consistent. But based off that original carb make/model is what to go off of when searching amazon or ebay now for the < $20 replacement that comes with fuel filters spark plug and other chit.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/e...er-brushcutter-parts-c-35043_35180_35667.html

quick guess based on google "Echo Weed Wacker 2601" shows

Carburetor Wyj-192 Part Number:12300057732

and Wyj-192 on the internet is walbro.

google Wyj-192 substitute = https://www.ebay.com/itm/222904608385 ... and one as cheap as $9.89.

... walkbro stuff usually starts with a W,
Zama is often C1U- ... http://www.zamacorp.com/carburetors.html

theres HIPA which i think is one of the knockoffs... https://www.hipastore.com/collections/carburetors

I suspect regardless of make they are all made in the same village in china
Thanks for posting. That's a lot of info there, and some mighty fine research. BTW, do not have the original Echo carb, I lost that years ago to the effects of gasoline with ethanol. If You ever get a chance, you should see how stiff the diaphragms in the carb becomes when subjected to ethanol. But for a cheap price, you can get a new carb that will make your tool scream. PS: Don't use gas station gas, buy the factory-made premix.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
> PS: Don't use gas station gas, buy the factory-made premix.

I use 5+ gallons a month, it costs me roughly $6.50-7 per gallon at the current gas prices. That is $35 per month in gas station gas for 640 oz.

ECHO Red Armor 110 oz. 50:1 Pre-mixed Ethanol Free Fuel = $32 for 100 oz - $32x6.4 = $204.80 plus 7% sales tax = $219.

That is $184 per month difference, I will stick to gas station gas :-D

I do buy some Stihl pre-mix gas for STHF storage once in a while, to only be used if no gas is around two+ years from now and all my stored gas has gone bad, though I probably would have used all the stuff I mixed anyway by then.

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
> I will stick to gas station gas

"how dare you"

greta-how-dare-you-gif-15723337

you need to build back better and spend the +184 per month

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
> PS: Don't use gas station gas, buy the factory-made premix.

I use 5+ gallons a month, it costs me roughly $6.50-7 per gallon at the current gas prices. That is $35 per month in gas station gas for 640 oz.

ECHO Red Armor 110 oz. 50:1 Pre-mixed Ethanol Free Fuel = $32 for 100 oz - $32x6.4 = $204.80 plus 7% sales tax = $219.

That is $184 per month difference, I will stick to gas station gas :-D

I do buy some Stihl pre-mix gas for STHF storage once in a while, to only be used if no gas is around two+ years from now and all my stored gas has gone bad, though I probably would have used all the stuff I mixed anyway by then.
Yeah, that's a lot

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Yes, I can clearly tell that you're a ladies' man, I guess in your neighborhood you get all the tail, leaving none for anyone else. How do you do it, anyway?