How long should I wait before bugging USPS about package

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i bought a saw from a member here and everything went smooth. Saw was shipped out in Feb. 22nd from Oregon headed to Tennessee. Than it just disappeared from the system. It was supposed to be delivered Monday the 1st and now the information just says in transit, arriving late. How long do I wait before I contact usps and start being a pain to make them find my damn $900 saw. FBA5B877-FA68-49FF-A9AA-30B67A8F88E4.png

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
10:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a thread on usps shipping delays in the chainsaw area. Id read that but really you just need to be patient

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
USPS is taking a Really long time to ship right now. Like 3 day priority stuff taking 10 days. On the other hand, I've heard of alot of peoples stuff being on a few of those rigs that have wrecked in the recent bad weather. It could take a month or so for the salvaged packages to make it where they were originally going. Or your package could have been destroyed.

But chances are it is just taking extra long. I'de give it a week. After that start calling. Hopefully you all payed for insurance on this package. I pay extra attention to my packages in the winter because of this.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually wait 2 weeks on low dollar items or bug them if it is worth something, it could take 1 month, but usually 1-2 weeks. I don't know why it happens, but it seems to help to send them an email (so they can call you and you don't have to wait on hold), so they can look into it. My experience has been that the package starts moving again in a short number of days after bugging them, but that could be coincidence. A damaged label can possibly slow things down. I had it happen to an Archer bar, so I ordered another, which got here faster. The first one came a couple weeks late. The shipping label had damage from heat and abrasion. Heat from friction activates the ink and turns it black. I told Archer to put tape over the label to insulate it, and they figured my explanation is why they have been having some shipping delays with other people.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a priority package take 2 weeks to go from Wisconsin to Michigan. No tracking whatsoever other than saying the label was made.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i bought a saw from a member here and everything went smooth. Saw was shipped out in Feb. 22nd from Oregon headed to Tennessee. Than it just disappeared from the system. It was supposed to be delivered Monday the 1st and now the information just says in transit, arriving late. How long do I wait before I contact usps and start being a pain to make them find my damn $900 saw. View attachment 285548

Took me almost a month to get a package that was shipped to me right before Christmas.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And as far as I'm concerned, their continuously updated notice about a delay and your package is on it's way is BS. Scan the info with time and location if they know so much about it's progress, or say the truck got a flat tire and is now back in action.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't ship anything important by USPS these days. I've done my share of waiting over the winter for some parts. I honestly believe a few bucks extra -- if necessary to send it UPS or FED-EX is not a bad idea. To each his own I guess. I remember a long time ago on AS one of the members had shipped a saw and it basically never arrived -- poof it disappeared. (It may have even been our esteemed head Moderator). It later appeared on an auction on Ebay. What a story. Can anyone else recall any details of that? Hope you guys get all your parts and stuff.

John235

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just had the same thing happen. Saw cases shipped from Washington on 2/21 and to be delivered on 2/25. It had no updates on shipping other than getting picked up. It just arrived yesterday.

wap13

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took a week for a saw to get from just south of Atlanta to Tn. Took 2 weeks to get a package from the same place to Greenville, SC.

Same deal. Just disappeared and said arriving late, at least on the one to SC.

Good thing is both made it ok and now I no longer use USPS

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I won't ship anything important by USPS these days. I've done my share of waiting over the winter for some parts. I honestly believe a few bucks extra -- if necessary to send it UPS or FED-EX is not a bad idea. To each his own I guess. I remember a long time ago on AS one of the members had shipped a saw and it basically never arrived -- poof it disappeared. (It may have even been our esteemed head Moderator). It later appeared on an auction on Ebay. What a story. Can anyone else recall any details of that? Hope you guys get all your parts and stuff.

It was a 394 if i recall. I think the eBay seller worked with us to get the saw back. @Mastermind

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1 day. Start the process immediately. It will take a week or two before they start to pretend to give a *s-word so start early but be polite. As frustrated as we the consumers are the USPS employees are literally part of the organization being intentionally run into the ground.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I emailed them today and got a response that basically said “we know about as much as you do” lol. Then lo and behold it showed up in Atlanta this evening.

Good to hear she made it. Hope its a good runner

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I emailed them today and got a response that basically said “we know about as much as you do” lol. Then lo and behold it showed up in Atlanta this evening.
Told ya :D. You know how that coincidence stuff always works.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a 394 if i recall. I think the eBay seller worked with us to get the saw back. @Mastermind

He sold the saw, but the attention we gave his auction make it bring three times more than he expected it to. Then, he split the proceeds with me. He turned out to be a good honest fella.

I'd already replaced the saw for my customer....with a little help from some generous AS members.

Chainsaw Addict

GO HOOSIERS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When to start bugging? As soon as shipped. Might as well start early. Anything bigger than an envelope, no way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk