How long do you wait before deciding a deal is screwed

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, quick run down. I’ve been looking for a top handle. Put an ad on Facebook and got several hits. One was a gentleman from Northern PA who had a MS200T. We worked out a deal for $400 shipped and I sent him the money through cash app. That was on Sunday. Monday he said he was gonna send it, then that evening says he had to clean the oil out better because USPS rejected it. Says it will be sent in the AM. Then Wednesday when questioned he says his Gf sent it that morning since he travels for work. He was supposed to send me the tracking info Wednesday, then I asked again Friday and he said she was gonna send him the number and he’s send it. This morning he said he’s waiting on here to send the tracking info to him because he’s still in New York. How long would you give him to produce the tracking info before you told him you wanted a refund and/or started the process of getting the money back? I’m really trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt because he is still responsive to messages and hasn’t blocked me or delete my account or anything. Just wondering how far should I go? Opinions?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
1:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd say as your busy working away from home, if it was possible to getthe GF's details,,, so you could contact her.. maybe get her to contact you . if he don’t want to do that he's hiding..somthing.

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have trouble sometimes getting stuff sent out in a reasonable time. I should probably get the item packaged up before listing the add, but it can be tough making it to the ups/usps/ fed ex store on time. It funny how 10 years ago a package that showed up in 10-14 days was the norm. Now if it’s not on my door step in 48hrs I’m gonna loose my mind. I’d give him a week then start to remind him. Two weeks ask for a refund. Does the cash app have any refund policy like eBay has?

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Girlfriend/wife handling payment and/or shipping seems to be common theme with thieves. Hopefully that is not true here. Some people are just slow and need more than a subtle bump to get them moving. A suggestion of a refund may be just what this person needs.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Girlfriend/wife handling payment and/or shipping seems to be common theme with thieves. Hopefully that is not true here. Some people are just slow and need more than a subtle bump to get them moving. A suggestion of a refund may be just what this person needs.
Agree...seems the GF/ol’ lady deal seems to be part of an overall *s-wordt deal in the end.

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cash app doesn’t have great refund protection. But my bank does. Though so far he hasn’t followed most of the common themes of a thief. He hasn’t blocked or deleted me on either of his social media profiles (Facebook and Instagram). He hasn’t deleted his cash app. From what I can find, most scammers use a burner account and immediately drain and delete it once they get the money. My main concern is that he keeps promising a tracking number and hasn’t sent it, and that he didn’t let his original deadline of getting it out Monday. I know my views have been really skewed on how long it takes to receive something with so many items being shipped out and delivered in two days. But I try to temper that when buying from individuals. I don’t mind the wait, I just want people to be honest about it. I’ll give him until Sunday evening, that’ll be exactly 7 days. Then I’ll suggest that if he can’t get it out and send me a tracking number Monday morning that a refund would be appropriate. Thanks guys

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cash app doesn’t have great refund protection. But my bank does. Though so far he hasn’t followed most of the common themes of a thief. He hasn’t blocked or deleted me on either of his social media profiles (Facebook and Instagram). He hasn’t deleted his cash app. From what I can find, most scammers use a burner account and immediately drain and delete it once they get the money. My main concern is that he keeps promising a tracking number and hasn’t sent it, and that he didn’t let his original deadline of getting it out Monday. I know my views have been really skewed on how long it takes to receive something with so many items being shipped out and delivered in two days. But I try to temper that when buying from individuals. I don’t mind the wait, I just want people to be honest about it. I’ll give him until Sunday evening, that’ll be exactly 7 days. Then I’ll suggest that if he can’t get it out and send me a tracking number Monday morning that a refund would be appropriate. Thanks guys
Hope it works out for ya young man...given the facts and timeline of things as you’ve stated, I’m leery about this one, but who the hell knows how it’ll turn out.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Normally my intuition is right when a deal has gone south. I suspect the bells & whistles going off in the OP's head are RIGHT...he smells a rat. Sooner you get your bank onto it the better IMO. I still can't believe deals like this go down, you put up a public ad saying you have a hand full of cash you want to part with and get surprised when someone takes advantage of that. I mean, how do you really know this guy even has a saw? Too much blind faith for me. Hope is works out for you, its a chit world sometimes.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was reading a little about scams with cash app, the thing popped up was use a credit card with protection to fund the cash app, that way you should get your money back..

Hopefully the seller is a honest person..

let us know how it pans out.:thumbsup:

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So after a bunch of fookin booshit I called him out on Facebook publicly. He initially went off calling me names and all that. Then he blocked me. But today I received a full refund. So alls well that ends well I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So after a bunch of fookin booshit I called him out on Facebook publicly. He initially went off calling me names and all that. Then he blocked me. But today I received a full refund. So alls well that ends well I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said, sometimes you just gotta find out where the bump has to be made. Glad you got your $$ back man! You see this @Mastermind facebook to the rescue!:asz:

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm very happy you got a refund, but sad that you had to go through all the hassle.. to get it back..

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still don’t have my Pioneer P60 after 2 yrs. :mad: