How did you mount your Foredom motor?

MemphisMechanic

Unreliable Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
7:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Purchased my first high quality rotary tool for the wife who is a silversmith, but really for me to port saws with, and have a question.

I can obviously hang a heavy duty shelf bracket on the wall over her bench and simply suspend it from that… anyone designed something that swings flush against the wall?

Any other practical features to consider?

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Congrats, you'll love it. Mine just hangs from the underside of a overhead shelf and I have a foot pedal. But I don't do porting so I can't speak to that use. Mostly mine is for refurbishing saw parts using various carbide bits.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hung mine originally with a piece of conduit with a couple of conduit clamps into the wall stud so it can be swung around.

IMG_0738.jpg

Now days I have a more dedicated bench and I hung it on 1" square tube. In retrospect, I broke less cables when the motor could wind up a little more on the round tube when I caught something.

IMG_5511.JPG

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i just have mine hung on a peg board hook. this gives it just enough wiggle room if i catch the burr a bit. also a good reminder to just go slow, cuz the noise when the motor falls off the hook is pretty startling lol.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hung mine originally with a piece of conduit with a couple of conduit clamps into the wall stud so it can be swung around.

View attachment 368176

Now days I have a more dedicated bench and I hung it on 1" square tube. In retrospect, I broke less cables when the motor could wind up a little more on the round tube when I caught something.

View attachment 368177
nice setup