Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys -

I'm putting my recently rebuilt 346XP up for trade. It's an OE that thinks it's an NE. I went through this for a member here for a potential trade deal and then we decided to go a different direction. The member wanted all new components inside, so I split the case and installed new bearings and seals (OEM PTO side, Nachi on the flywheel side), a new OEM gasket set (except for the base gasket, I had to make one since I'd given the OEM gasket to a different member previously). The carcass I'd gotten from another member here on trade. The bearings and seals did not need replaced but the member that was potentially getting the saw wanted it done.

The top end is a new OEM NE kit that I got long ago from Spike60. It is the cylinder without the compression release. The crank is minty and the ignition is the black unlimited coil. The carb is the stock Zama. Other new OEM parts: Top cover, brake handle, 455/460 clutch cover, and sprocket. It's also got the Adirondackstihl dawg with a new chain catcher. I've got it set up with a 16" Windsor bar currently and Oregon 76 chisel chain.

Mainly what I'm looking for:
Mac 125 or 797 parts or a carcass
Large Olympyk carcass or parts
Large Alpina carcass or parts
Foredom and porting stuff

I'm not really looking to sell, just looking to trade.

Last edited:

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a top of the line dremel kit I got on sale at Lowe's and a few mini Macs that aren't running I could part with lol. I'm running low on 346 inventory :D.
Sure you'll find what your looking for soon enough.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ryanb923

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey Jacob if you dont find any of the trades you are looking for and decide to sell this saw I would be very interested in it.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What's a 346 like that one worth?
Mechanically it's almost a brand new saw. Some new covers as well. JJ is a stand up guy and has built a saw or two from what the internets tell me. This model is pretty popular as well. I wouldn't bat an eye if he listed it for $425. I may be high or low so feel free to slap my opinion around.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mechanically it's almost a brand new saw. Some new covers as well. JJ is a stand up guy and has built a saw or two from what the internets tell me. This model is pretty popular as well. I wouldn't bat an eye if he listed it for $425. I may be high or low so feel free to slap my opinion around.

I'd say $425 is low.

Of course I'm not I'm not in the market for one.

dustinwilt68

Wilt Built Work Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would say with the upgraded clutch cover and new OEM NE topend I would price it at 450.00 if it was my saw to sell. The 346 is still the king fo the 50cc class saws to me and a lot of people. Fast, powerful, nimble, light other saws can say they are one of the four better but no other saw that I have ran can claim all 4 like a 346.