honda fr700 rototiller bad flywheel?

oaky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
howdy fellas,

i got this honda fr700 rototiller thats giving me a headache.
replaced everything electrical, spark plug, cap,wires, coil, on off switch, deleted points to ignition module. NO SPARK!
flywheel keys good, only thing i havent replaced is the flywheel! magnet grabs screws and junk so i duno!
anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• 87CCA1DA-7AF1-4EAB-AEAC-1E27EEA951AF.jpeg
    87CCA1DA-7AF1-4EAB-AEAC-1E27EEA951AF.jpeg
    234.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not familiar with the wiring of the Honda, but.. just some general questions about what I see in the image.

To the left of the yellow wire nut, it looks like a scuffed or pinched spot on the black wire. Is that rubbing anything when the flywheel is on?
Then above that, I see a loose wire end to the right of the screw boss/tower. What does that belong to?
Is the ignition module connected according to the instructions? Do you have the module hooked to the coil or the condensor? I can't tell as the wire is behind things Should be hooked to the coil though.
Been decades since I messed with the aftermarket modules. But seem to recall some mention of polarity order varying on different ignitions.

Be sure to look all the wires over for any cuts or worn places or melts that could allow arcing to the engine block.

Is there a low oil switch that's maybe grounding things?
in keeping with the times we were out of fuel, Is the oil level high enough? Hey, it happens to all of us sometime.
Is the engine level while you're checking for spark?

That's about all that comes to mind for me at the moment.

Last edited:

oaky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i ended up destroying the engine, out of pure anger of not obtaining spark from 250$ dollars worth of parts for the ignition system. clawhammer finished the job.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
...a lot of frustration is upon us these days.

oaky

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yep, wasnt my best moment in time. but at that point it was easier to just buy another engine unfortunately. still hurts thinking about it.