High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Honda engine wants to shut off.

pinkfireman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a push blower with a Honda engine. It runs great when it's flat and level. Any incline or when I stop going forward and pull it back, it shuts off. If I baby it after going forward and pulling it back, it will come back to life. It seems as if the gas in the tank sloshes when this happens.

Maybe a cracked fuel line and it’s sucking air?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bad oil level sensor. Make sure oil is at correct level, jump senor to see if it is malfunctioning.

pinkfireman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Oh boy where do I find the sensor and jump it?

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You don't jumper to see it is the problem, you disconnect it. Jumping it is the same as the sensor acting as if no oil is present. Otherwords it grounds out the ignition coil primary winding.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oil pressure sensor has gone bad on at least 3 of the 8 Hondas I have in the garage. Actually it’s not that they’re bad, because if I fill them up to the top slightly over-full they work fine. But even if the level is only 1/8” low on the dipstick, they won’t run right.

The oil level sensor wire is near and plugs into the red shutoff switch. You can unplug just the sensor and retain the on/off function

pinkfireman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks all, I unplugged the sensor and ran it about 30 minutes before I had to move to another job. I forgot to ask the young man who ran it the rest of the day how it did. But it didn't act up on me those 30 minutes. Thanks all for the help, I'll let you know what I find!

Update... That's what it was, we have not had a problem scene we unplugged it. Thanks again!

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:29 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you check oil level to make sure it's full? you can safely over fill them a bit to help keep the switch from cutting the engine.
Given enough hrs even the Honda's will empty the crankcase of oil disconnecting the low oil cut off and forgetting about it is a bit sketchy, especially if other people use the machine and checking the oil level is the last thing on there mind.

pinkfireman

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It was full and I keep an eye on that kind of stuff, because I'm the one that has to fix it. ;)