Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is another saw off the shelf. This is a Homelite 8800 which is the very last of the big Homelite saws. It is the newer version of the 540. I believe they were actually made by Solo. There are not many of the 8800's left around. I do not remember the history on it. It has sat for at least 5 years. I pulled it down off the shelf and gave it a quick once over. I popped the muffler of so you can see the piston. I will let the pictures tell the story there. I put some fuel in the tank squirted a bit of fuel in carb and she popped right off. I shot a quick video which I will try to upload. It is on youtube As you can see she idles decent and is running a bit rich. Remember this saw has sat a good long spell. As you can see the air filter cover is missing. I am not sure where it went. The fuel cap is off a 410. I am sure it is missing a screw or two but for the most part seems to be a fairly complete decent ole saw. I will post quite a few pics. The last set of pics show the damage to the rear handle. I rarely sell many of my Homelites but heck it is time some get re-homed. I truly do not know where to price the saw at. I do not know of any comparables out there. You tell me what your thinking and we can go from there. I hate doing it that way but it is a toughy to price.