High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Here comes Jonny!

Wagnerwerks

I have yet to "suffer" from CAD
Local time
5:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This build will be done in my typical slow and random fashion. I did a swaparoo for this saw without a top end. I have a jug with a few missing fins, but the piston for it was a little loose. I decided after a little bit of research and a question or two to the Old Guy that I would do a 268 piston with a pop up. I saw a lot about simonized saws having no port work and just the other typical additions that you would normally do with a ported saw. Thanks to some specific kind-hearted and sharing porters on this website I have been able to cut up a few saws up to this point but have really not done any theory or actual intelligent thinking on why things work the way they do. So, to continue that :) I plan on doing this pretty much the same way.

Here's the 2171 pile. 20171127_164812.jpg

Last edited:

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm using a jug and crank from a junkyard $2 371. I did find a few oddities but some here may think them commonplace and be able to offer some extra info. The crank from this saw is missing the corner of the lobes. My donor crank is a normal full cornered lobe. I'm not really sure why the one is missing the corners but maybe someone else knows the difference.20171127_165020.jpg 20171127_164927.jpg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This build will be done in my typical slow and random fashion. I did a swaparoo for this saw without a top end. I have a jug with a few missing fins, but the piston for it was a little loose. I decided after a little bit of research and a question or two to the Old Guy that I would do a 268 piston with a pop up. I saw a lot about simonized saws having no port work and just the other typical additions that you would normally do with a ported saw. Thanks to some specific kind-hearted and sharing porters on this website I have been able to cut up a few saws up to this point but have really not done any theory or actual intelligent thinking on why things work the way they do. So, to continue that :) I plan on doing this pretty much the same way.

Here's the 2171 pile. View attachment 98552
I really like my 372s with the 268 pistons with a pop up.
And just started running a big bore with a 272 piston with a pop up.

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
One thing I did that goes against some people's advise is go with a hyway windowed piston. They were so cheap I couldn't help myself. I've used a lot of hyway slugs before with very good results. We will see.....

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
2:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One thing I did that goes against some people's advise is go with a hyway windowed piston. They were so cheap I couldn't help myself. I've used a lot of hyway slugs before with very good results. We will see.....
Was the advise involving the brand or the windows?

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just noticed that was a bit vague. Lol. Windows were used by Simon in an old AS thread, but old guy advised me to go with solid for a torquey saw. I'm not in any way trying to disregard his advice. I'm sure it's solid. I only went with the windowed Piston because I saw the Simoniz saw thread were he used one and it was a Black Friday deal at 10 bucks a pop.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As most know, I'm full of BS.. Right? So, what you have there is the unicorn crank that was used only on factory Team Jonny saws for the sole purpose of kicking steel ass at the timbersports showdowns. Special unobtainium alloy micro polished journals the whole nine yards...Most women would give their first born to possess a crank like that. Seriously, Kris you should be able to get plenty on eBay for that thing...

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
As most know, I'm full of BS.. Right? So, what you have there is the unicorn crank that was used only on factory Team Jonny saws for the sole purpose of kicking steel ass at the timbersports showdowns. Special unobtainium alloy micro polished journals the whole nine yards...Most women would give their first born to possess a crank like that. Seriously, Kris you should be able to get plenty on eBay for that thing...
I can't decide if you were serious about any of this. Lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm using a jug and crank from a junkyard $2 371. I did find a few oddities but some here may think them commonplace and be able to offer some extra info. The crank from this saw is missing the corner of the lobes. My donor crank is a normal full cornered lobe. I'm not really sure why the one is missing the corners but maybe someone else knows the difference.View attachment 98553 View attachment 98554
Looks like different part #'s

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Definitely different. Also not listed anywhere as a 365-72 crank...

5037291-07. (out of 372xp)
5372912-02 (out of 2171).

The crank from the Jonny is toast so I need to use the 371 crank. I was pretty sure that was the case when I got it. No surprise at all.

Wagnerwerks

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Well, that's all for now. I had a set of seals here but they're Chinese wonders that don't fit.... Lol. Hl suppy will have my black Friday specials here shortly and play will resume.