High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Help with Mystery Part (Oops!)

A.Bursell

New OPE Member
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello - new poster but been looking for a while - great forum!

I had a reputable person (he might even post here) put one of these 660's together for me. I believe he did an excellent job - looks great and runs like a beast.

My curiosity got the best of me and I started looking around the saw for no good reason. I took off the air filter and base plate so I could look at the carb and I ended up with this little rubber piece dropping out. It is very small - about 1/8" around and about 1/8" long. I looked all over and for the life of me can't find where it came from. It looks like a bushing or grommet or spacer to me but I just can't tell. I didn't go any deeper into the saw and I know it dropped out when I took off the air filter base plate. But, I even looked through the service and parts manuals and don't see anything like it anywhere around there. I'm really kicking myself for this one - can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Adam

Attachments

• PXL_20201121_225146174.jpg
    PXL_20201121_225146174.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 11

A.Bursell

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Excellent- you guys are really on it! The builder just responded to a note I sent him with the same thing. Since I have not been into the oil pump, it makes no sense for it to have fallen out from under the air filter base plate. He thinks it was an extra one that got stuck together with the carb boot in the parts bag. Before I breath a sigh of relief, is there a quick and easy way to check and make sure the bushing is in place on the oil pump? A way to make sure this is oiling correctly and not over/under? I noticed a spot of oil on the cardboard it was sitting on under the clutch cover and the chain seems to have a lot of oil on it - but I just don't know enough to know if it's getting the right amount of oil or if that spot is from me tipping the saw over to look at it. Or, what to look for to see if something is not right. Help me: round 2?
Thanks,
Adam

A.Bursell

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok- thanks guys! I'm convinced it's good now. Really threw me having an "extra" part. I'm usually pretty good with figuring things out like this but it really made me doubt myself- they got me good!
Anyway, thanks again. I'm off to read more posts.
Adam