High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Help with my blower's carb (tuned while-hot like an idiot, now I cannot start machine :( )

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
2:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
If you asked me a month ago if I'd ever be asking for carb-tuning advice like this I'd have laughed, but it's been about 1wk of my husqvarna125b blower sitting by my door w/ a splined carb-tool, and every day 1-3X I go outside and, moving my carb's L jet ever so slightly, test it for a start. No-go, so I put it back inside the door and, later on or next day, turn that L jet another ~1/8th and try again. Am losing my mind / convinced I should've finished this ages ago.

It is 'turning over' when choked but simply won't actually engage, if I leave the throttle depressed (thing has a "cruise-control" type of trigger where you can set it to any level of power and take hand off handle and it stays active, honestly this was probably the same as simply adjusting Idle values but wasn't wanting to touch the carb-settings anymore than necessary here), *then* sometimes it'll sound like it's almost gonna start after it turned-over (on choke) and is now off-choke, probably 5+ times now I've thought I had it but it flutters for a second and doesn't catch.

Any&all advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated, this has been one of my 2 best/most-reliable powerheads so am just blown-away this is happening (and all because I wanted to "check I wasn't running it too lean" during a large job..)

Cerberus

Cerberus the aardvark, not the hell-hound!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
(to be clear, it didn't "die" during that last session, I'd tuned-while-hot during that session, it'd finished-up the job like a champ, but has not started since / has been in "carb-adjustment limbo" since!!)

((thing is the "cell phone of tools" lol, once you don't have one you wonder how you ever got-on w/o one!!))

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the newer carb have alot finer thread dont be surprise to 3-5 to get carb tune in.
also have you done the basics? compression. puller muffler,check plug, seen if muffler screen is clear, pulled the carb apart to check gaskets etc. new carb can be had for 20.00 or so