High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has anyone tried the Echo CS-361P?

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
3:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
From the guys I have heard from that own them think they are a fine saw. I handled one before I bought my 421. The weight is nice. The av is better on the 421 and that is a big factor for me but the 361p is a fine saw I would like to put more time on.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do like the new Echo saws. I think they might have merged with Shindiawa. Their designs are sure looking that way.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the echo dealer here sells echo chainsaws and shindiawa and echo weedeaters

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this is a really old dead thread here, but.......any more insight on the echo 361p ?

This thread is about all I can find on this model.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I know this is a really old dead thread here, but.......any more insight on the echo 361p ?

This thread is about all I can find on this model.
It’s a rear handle version of the 355t. Pretty much everything that has been said about that saw applies. One gripe I have with them is the gas and oil caps are tiny. It’s a minor quibble though. You might have better luck finding reviews of the 355t since that’s been around longer.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a rear handle version of the 355t. Pretty much everything that has been said about that saw applies. One gripe I have with them is the gas and oil caps are tiny. It’s a minor quibble though. You might have better luck finding reviews of the 355t since that’s been around longer.
Thanks.
I had that same thought about the 355t being basically the same saw, right after I hit the reply button, so I'll go that direction with my research.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fluid caps are tiny, and the nuts are 10mm as well. So if you lose your Echo scrench, yer SOL until you replace it. With the Sindaiwa Echo merger there's been some frankenstein action. I am hoping they can standardize things and stop using silly 10mm nuts and numerous fasteners.
Having said it, we have the predecessor on the estate as I used to be an Echo dealer before the Brexit took effect. It is the 360WES, a rear handled 360. It has a simple exhaust mod only and has done a lot of work.
But my personal small saw is a Dolmar 420. Because once you add finger ports to it, they become animals and are very reliable and over built.
This is a rock hard piece of red oak, and with the Echo I can actually dog it in with an exhaust mod:

The 241 isn't competing too well, that chain has seen better days. And she is running a factory 6 pin.

Merry Christmas everyone and happy new years.

Last edited:

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The fluid caps are tiny, and the nuts are 10mm as well. So if you lose your Echo scrench, yer SOL until you replace it. With the Sindaiwa Echo merger there's been some frankenstein action. I am hoping they can standardize things and stop using silly 10mm nuts and numerous fasteners.
Having said it, we have the predecessor on the estate as I used to be an Echo dealer before the Brexit took effect. It is the 360WES, a rear handled 360. It has a simple exhaust mod only and has done a lot of work.
But my personal small saw is a Dolmar 420. Because once you add finger ports to it, they become animals and are very reliable and over built.
This is a rock hard piece of red oak, and with the Echo I can actually dog it in with an exhaust mod:

The 241 isn't competing too well, that chain has seen better days. And she is running a factory 6 pin.

There was a carl miller ported 420 at one of Randy’s GTGs a few years ago. It was the cat’s meow; very impressive for 40cc!!!

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dude, that video is all over the place.
What was your intention?
Apples versus Orangutan's?
Tiny Red Oak is not ROCK HARD for a decent saw! LOL

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some 4 year old seasoned Arkansas Hickory I'll ship you if you want to see "rock hard".:D
If your chain ain't sparking occasionally, it ain't "rock hard".

Last edited:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dude, that video is all over the place.
What was your intention?
Apples versus Orangutan's?
Tiny Red Oak is not ROCK HARD for a decent saw! LOL

There's always someone that has something to say about the wood in a video.
That piece of oak is 80 years old, and is very hard and seasoned. Yes, I am sure you could keep finding harder and harder wood should you wish to waste your time on the internet.
The first three saws are 36-42cc's, and doing rather well in it. None of them are stock. None of them are originally designed for such work. That's reallt what the comparison is about. I mean, you DID read the thread titles, right?
All it is is a video of saws. I mainly did it to show how well the 420/4300 ran.
If you like, I can share some other videos in different wood that will perhaps please you more, because that's likely important to you:

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have some 4 year old seasoned Arkansas Hickory I'll ship you if you want to see "rock hard".:D
If your chain ain't sparking occasionally, it ain't "rock hard".

No thanks, you can keep your dick measuring to yourself, son.
Merry Christmas.

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There was a carl miller ported 420 at one of Randy’s GTGs a few years ago. It was the cat’s meow; very impressive for 40cc!!!

Yes, once you add some brow ports to the mains you can get a rather impressive machine:

170394976.vwfOyjn9.420_eyebrow_paint.jpg

I actually followed his thread. I found you can get the same results without machine work with eyebrow/finger ports.

Here's one I ported for Andrew in sycamore. Stock they are rather lazy at revving. With the new ports, they are quite a bit more eager:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G8j8OvuUgyY

Last edited:

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There's always someone that has something to say about the wood in a video.
That piece of oak is 80 years old, and is very hard and seasoned. Yes, I am sure you could keep finding harder and harder wood should you wish to waste your time on the internet.
The first three saws are 36-42cc's, and doing rather well in it. None of them are stock. None of them are originally designed for such work. That's reallt what the comparison is about. I mean, you DID read the thread titles, right?
All it is is a video of saws. I mainly did it to show how well the 420/4300 ran.
If you like, I can share some other videos in different wood that will perhaps please you more, because that's likely important to you:

You dont have to please me...
No worries, my apologies.
Dont be so sensitive to a little feedback to your posts.
This is the Net after all.
Yes I read the title.