High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Has anyone modded a pole saw? Update: Muffler mod! Video!

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just picked up a used Husqvarna 525P4S pole saw, with only abot 1/4 tank run through it. After refiling the chain to fix a wicked crooked cut, and removing the H/L limiters to eliminate the lean-sounding condition, I find it to be quite handy. It could use a bit more power, as the less time I have to reach up and out with it to cut, the better. I was looking at gutting the restrictive muffler, but don't really want to cut it open and then Tig it closed. Perhaps I could hog it out through the exhaust port side? Any other ideas??

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes simply removing the spark arrestor is enough to noticeably bump the power output...
Pole saws suck! Cut for half hour, clean up mess for three lol!
I'm sure, but I want MORE , lol!
I use the pole saw to clear the logging roads, farm lanes, and to prune the apple and peach tress dotted all over the woods and hedgerows. Cleanup is just a kick.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
10:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes simply removing the spark arrestor is enough to noticeably bump the power output...
Pole saws suck! Cut for half hour, clean up mess for three lol!
Good workout for the arms and shoulders lol. Do that often you’ll be looking like popeye

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My pole saw is a cheapo Poulan and benefitted greatly from the limiters being pulled and gutting out the muffler.
My string trimmer and brush cutter are both Husqvarna and had both of those things done immediately upon purchase. I'm not sure if I even started the brush cutter before doing it.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My pole saw is a cheapo Poulan and benefitted greatly from the limiters being pulled and gutting out the muffler.
My string trimmer and brush cutter are both Husqvarna and had both of those things done immediately upon purchase. I'm not sure if I even started the brush cutter before doing it.
That what I'm talkin' about! Did you cut the muffler open, or just grind through from the back?

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That what I'm talkin' about! Did you cut the muffler open, or just grind through from the back?

I split them open. I don't recall if they were crimped and I pried them open with heat and a screwdriver or what. I do recall that both were choked down to a point I was surprised they would run at all. I think they were forcing it all through some weird S shaped tube that was about 1/4" i.d.

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used the venerable Chicago Electric flex shaft with a small cutter bit to grind the spot welds on the stuffing box.
IMG20230508094945.jpg
Layer upon layer of restriction! I decided to take the entire baffle out too. It was crimped on the bolt guides pretty good. We had a fight. I won.
IMG20230508113110.jpg

Deputyrpa

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I'm debating whether I should put the mdofied baffle back in
IMG20230508121736.jpg
Or the modified baffle with the corner deflector welded back on
IMG20230508121753.jpg
Or just leave it an empty box
IMG20230508121804.jpg

Baffles = retained heat. So my choice is the empty box. But I'm open to suggestions before I Tig it back together. Thanks.