High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Handheld, chainsaw-powered, lightweight "kinetic log splitter"

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Search for a chainsaw powered kinetic log splitter returned no results, the only thing that came up was one of those rather risky/dangerous screw-type splitters retrofitted onto a chainsaw drill attachment.

If I had to hazard a guess I would say that such devices don't exist, because it's probably not very practical? If there was money to be made in such a venture, I'd rather suppose there would be a plethora of versions available (as there are of kinetic log splitters and hydraulic splitters)?

What I'm most curious about, is with thousands of RPMs typical of chainsaws, wouldn't a rather small and relatively light flywheel get the job done?

Wheeled kinetic splitters sometimes come equipped with two, 95 lb flywheels & lots of steel, for a rather impractically heavy package to be toting about connected to a chainsaw. :p lol

One would needs come up with speed reduction system from smaller/faster-RPM flywheel drive, but that begs the question: whether a small faster flywheel can accomplish same as a heavier, slower flywheel?

No one makes nor sells such units that I'm aware of, so imagine there's bound to be limiting parameters? idk, but I'm kinda curious ... lol ;-P

nimblebee

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Me thinks that's more along the lines of "splitting hairs" lol :) ... 16 seconds to split a log versus 3 seconds cycle time for typical kinetic log splitter ... I'd speculate results's related to story about tortoise and hare ... lol ;-P

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me thinks that's more along the lines of "splitting hairs" lol :) ... 16 seconds to split a log versus 3 seconds cycle time for typical kinetic log splitter ... I'd speculate results's related to story about tortoise and hare ... lol ;-P

cost saving is huge though. You already have the saw and haven’t spent all that money on the splitter so it’s a win imho