Hand tool set

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am building a garage at northern camp. I NEED to have tools in it. Does anyone sell a good to great set, so I don't have to buy everything separately. Wrenches, sockets, pliers, drivers etc. I just recently was buying Tekton tools but don't see a set on there site. Any advice wld be helpful.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like Tekton a lot

timg

Supporter of Cat Eating Komatsu Machinery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://sunextools.com/
Try this site for reference then locate a dealer. These are quality tools and I use alot of them most everyday. Pricing will not blow you away either. Yes, They are warranted and I've used the warranty with no questions asked.
Hope this helps.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No matter what set of tools you buy there will always be tools that are not included that must be purchase separately.

I got between 5K and 10K in hand tools and I still need to buy new tools as I come those that are needed that I don't have like the 22mm impact socket that is on a pending PO. Even wrench sets usually skips a needed size. I was lucky enough the get a set the went from 6mm to 30mm without a size from Grand Rapids but that set is no longer available. I wish I had brought two of them when I got the set.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
https://sunextools.com/
Try this site for reference then locate a dealer. These are quality tools and I use alot of them most everyday. Pricing will not blow you away either. Yes, They are warranted and I've used the warranty with no questions asked.
Hope this helps.

I bought a set of their wrenches a few years ago and I sent them back. They had terrible fit and all but guarantied to round nuts off.

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a set of their wrenches a few years ago and I sent them back. They had terrible fit and all but guarantied to round nuts off.
Yes Shaun, Some of their wrenches are garbage no doubt. The Pro series are better, thicker, and durable. Same is said with their angle wrench sets too. The better socket series have the convex flat style hex similar to Mac, Snap On, and Matco for shouldered torqued strength. Other nice thing about some of their socket sets is they still come in a metal tray.

timg

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is another jobber that has quality stuff, good pricing, and ships to your door. @landmessertools.com
Hope this helps in your search.

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I would preface a recommendation with what do you plan on working on with the tool set, will you have an air compressor or impact wrench, and is the place secure enough from theft?

I built an "away" Husky toolbox with sliding drawers that goes into my truck on long trips from a variety of tool sets, some high quality, some not.

Agr516

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have bought quite a few Tekton tools now and have been happy with all of them.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carlyle is a house brand at NAPA (their nicer house tools), has great warranty is you have a NAPA near you. Nice upper tier Taiwan tools. Want nice affordable wrenches...Toptul AAEX 15° offset pro series. These combo wrenches are made in the same factory and are the same design as the MAC pro series and Facom 440 series. Toptul makes some of the nicest sockets and wrenches around. To buy better you have to pay German, Japan, USA prices. But Napa has great warranty. Carlyle is the range you want to check out. Cant believe im offering this advise and never been to Merica.

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Genius tools makes very high quality, lifetime warranty. Have bought two sets of specialty sockets from them, and I'm very satisfiedl

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If anyone interested the following a nice set of impact grade 1/4 drive sockets.
upload_2022-7-24_17-15-59.png
I would post a link but the forum keeps blocking it for some reason but they are on Amazon.

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-24_17-14-51.png
    upload_2022-7-24_17-14-51.png
    153.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Int1968

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the Williams line sockets are re-branded snap on, Proto, Wright, Armstrong, hazet and some of the other German brands. Garage journal would have all the info you’d need. You’ll probably have to build a set that fits your needs

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of the Williams line sockets are re-branded snap on, Proto, Wright, Armstrong, hazet and some of the other German brands. Garage journal would have all the info you’d need. You’ll probably have to build a set that fits your needs
That something that every mechanic has to do.

I just had to buy a 28mm Impact socket due a new 12 point 64mm reverse tool requiring it to remove a bearing holder.

Isn't fun to constantly be buying new tools?