Gun range 2022,2023,2024

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you gents familiar with SCCY handguns ? I haven’t read this whole thread just thought I would ask. I am looking at 380ACP

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you gents familiar with SCCY handguns ? I haven’t read they this whole thread just thought I would ask. I am looking at 380ACP
Imho i'll tell you I've shot one that was great
A 9mm version we shot over a hundred rounds no issues
My brother bought one for his wife
It jammed up on its first mag
We cleaned and lubed it and it still won't run
He's sending it back for repairs
It's a extractor and magazine issue.
He also bought a G3c for himself
Between him his wife and four kids
Shooting many hundreds of rounds
No failure's of any kind.
I'm leaning towards canik and taurus as the best priced guns for the money.
I have 4 taurus's 2 gx4 2 G3c and a canik sc I've got at least 500 rnds through each of them no issues at all.
I also had a G3 fullsize and another G3c that we're great but my friend's needed them during the shortage last year.

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you gents familiar with SCCY handguns ? I haven’t read they this whole thread just thought I would ask. I am looking at 380ACP

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put those fiber optic sights on my friends tx .22 he really likes themIMG_20220823_145309772_HDR.jpg
I also painted his birdshead Wranglers front sight bright orange so he can see it better
He's 80 and shoots his range every day IMG_20220823_143639735_HDR.jpg
That p322 has been flawless since I got the mag springs seated.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Imho i'll tell you I've shot one that was great
A 9mm version we shot over a hundreds rounds no issues
My brother bought one for his wife
It jammed up on its first mag
We cleaned and lubed it and it still won't run
He's sending it back for repairs
It's a extractor and magazine issue.
He also bought a G3c for himself
Between him his wife and four kids
Shooting many hundreds of rounds
No failure's of any kind.
I'm leaning towards canik and taurus as the best priced guns for the money.
I have 4 taurus's 2 gx4 2 G3c and a canik sc I've got at least 500 rnds through each of them no issues at all.
I also had a G3 fullsize and another G3c that we're great but my friend's needed them during the shortage last year.

Thank you.

My son says the Caniks are a well made, reliable & well priced guns. He likes the Taurus revolvers but not so much the semi-autos. He said the semi autos seem to have a lot of wear on moving components after not much use. But that was his experience probably not so with everyone.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you gents familiar with SCCY handguns ? I haven’t read this whole thread just thought I would ask. I am looking at 380ACP

We sell them at my side job shop. They are functional and mostly reliable but I think the Taurus G2c is a much better gun for just a little more money. The Sccy guns that have come back all had lockwork problems which gives me pause. Also, they have a long and heavy DAO trigger pull for every shot which could be a good or bad thing depending on your preference.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I put those fiber optic sights on my friends tx .22 he really likes themView attachment 346957
I also painted his birdshead Wranglers front sight bright orange so he can see it better
He's 80 and shoots his range every day View attachment 346958
That p322 has been flawless since I got the mag springs seated.

That's good to hear about the p322 Dave. Was really sad when everybody was having problems with cycling. I really want one.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's good to hear about the p322 Dave. Was really sad when everybody was having problems with cycling. I really want one.
As always I just have one example
Other's have had problems though.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As always I just have one example
Other's have had problems though.

Yup, after you said you had problems I looked it up and it seemed a few where having the same as you.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yup, after you said you had problems I looked it up and it seemed a few where having the same as you.
Imho Sig seems to test their products on the market
I have shot many sigs since the 80s
It seems the west German one's and browning stamped one's were the best from my personal experience.
I remember my neighbor brought me a brand new p229 .40 when they came out in the late 90s he bought it for his daughter a detective
Not cheap like 800.00 back then.
It jammed on everything but truncated bullets
So I reloaded jhps short just to try it out
Very accurate pistol but in measurement
The chamber was too short
He sent it back to sig they said no issue
And returned it to him
I had a local gunsmith ream the chamber to the correct depth no issues after that.
The guy's shooting idpa tried running the early sig ARs they just didn't work
I understand they are gtg now.
And I heard of many early sig p365 issues
But once again they are gtg after teething issues.
Again mine is gtg after I figured it out
But I still prefer the tx .22 they just plain run.

Last edited:

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Imho Sig seems to test their products on the market
I have shot many signs since the 80s
It seems the west German one's and browning stamped one's were the best from my personal experience.
I remember my neighbor brought me a brand new p229 .40 when they came out in the late 90s he bought it for his daughter a detective
Not cheap like 800.00 back then.
It jammed on everything but truncated bullets
So I reloaded jhps short just to try it out
Very accurate pistol but in measurement
The chamber was too short
He sent it back to sig they said no issue
And returned it to him
I had a local gunsmith ream the chamber to the correct depth no issues after that.
The guy's shooting idpa tried running the early sig ARs they just didn't work
I understand they are gtg now.
And I heard of many early sig p365 issues
But once again they are gtg after teething issues.
Again mine is gtg after I figured it out
But I still prefer the tx .22 they just plain run.

I hear you there. Bought a new p365 in June.
My p365 has over 1000 trouble free rounds through it. All sorts of different ammo too. They supposedly drag the firing pin across the primer too. Never checked mine as I shoot in bushhogged grass and it really throws the casings. Not really a big deal to me either as long as it works.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the early 2000's I bought a very nice West German made P6 (same as P225) with two mags, factory box, and test target for only $275.00 or so. Wonderful pistol that was accurate with everything I tried in it. Surprisingly, its favorite ammo was cheapo Tula steel case. My one gripe was that the ejector was a part of the slide lock and it threw empties all over the place, very annoying for the reloader. Otherwise, it worked so well that it converted my best friend (who was a diehard wheelguns rule/I hate bottom feeders guy) into a Sig fan. Shouldn't have let it go, a common refrain when talking about guns we used to have!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Since I sold my Marlin 1895 a few years ago, the lack of a .45-70 has been a yawning chasm in my arsenal. The rifle I really want is a Henry Golden Boy, but I'm itching for a .45-70 too badly to save up for one. I figured I would get an H&R Handi Rifle to scratch the itch in the meantime, so I started bidding on some on GB. Even total beaters are going for over $300.00 and you have to add shipping and transfer on top of that. I put out feelers on Cast Boolits to see if anybody had one. One gentleman offered me a late model Handi in really nice condition for $400.00 face to face. While pondering that, another guy said he had a 2022 model Henry single shot for $400.00 plus shipping. It already has Skinner sights on it, which are around $80.00 by themselves. That sounds like a way better deal than anything with the H&R name on it, so we sealed the deal. Hopefully I can get my hands on it in a week or so.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
stoe-324x324.jpg
That would be an awesome deal in person. However, once you add shipping and transfer it's about what they retail for around here. I know those are a loose Glock 19 copy, I wonder if they have any parts commonality?
They appear to have m&p influence as well
I've only seen them never shot one.