Gun range 2022,2023,2024

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so I have a conundrum. I just put a Ruger Max 9 on layaway. Stopped into the shop hoping that the powder and primer gnomes had left something for me (they hadn't). Looked in the used case, and they have a gen 5 Glock 19 just in from trade. I have never seen a used gen 5 for sale around here, and I really like them. It is a little dirty but otherwise in great shape. The owner said he would let it go for $425.00 total, and let me transfer my layaway to it instead of the Max 9 if I wanted to.

What say you? I love my gen 4 19, and really like the changes made to the gen 5. The Max 9 is nice but, like every other gun I buy, there is a good chance it won't be to my liking and it will go down the road after awhile as have many others. I'm leaning towards the used 19 because this is a rather rare opportunity around here and I'm already a big fan of the gun.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
5:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok, so I have a conundrum. I just put a Ruger Max 9 on layaway. Stopped into the shop hoping that the powder and primer gnomes had left something for me (they hadn't). Looked in the used case, and they have a gen 5 Glock 19 just in from trade. I have never seen a used gen 5 for sale around here, and I really like them. It is a little dirty but otherwise in great shape. The owner said he would let it go for $425.00 total, and let me transfer my layaway to it instead of the Max 9 if I wanted to.

What say you? I love my gen 4 19, and really like the changes made to the gen 5. The Max 9 is nice but, like every other gun I buy, there is a good chance it won't be to my liking and it will go down the road after awhile as have many others. I'm leaning towards the used 19 because this is a rather rare opportunity around here and I'm already a big fan of the gun.

I don't like glocks. So no help from me! :D

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 42 is an absolute gem of a pistol, I love mine. After the Browning Hi-Power, the 19 is easily my favorite 9mm of all time. I really don't care about other Glocks one way or another other than to say they are reliable tools that get the job done.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Same camp as you.

Had a issue with a glock and their customer service for non law enforcement is a joke. I'll never buy another.

Steven

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same camp as you.

Had a issue with a glock and their customer service for non law enforcement is a joke. I'll never buy another.

Steven

That's sad. I can say I am super impressed with Walther's customer service. They had my P22 fixed and back in the mail in less than 48 hours after receiving it.

I just don't like the grip. Does not fit my hands well at all. Shot a gen 4 19, 43x, and 35. All shot well, just don't like the feel.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 42 is an absolute gem of a pistol, I love mine. After the Browning Hi-Power, the 19 is easily my favorite 9mm of all time. I really don't care about other Glocks one way or another other than to say they are reliable tools that get the job done.

They are just that. A reliable tool.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Do you plan to keep the gen 4 if you buy the gen 5? Selling the gen 4 or trading it in toward the gen 5 wouldn't be much out of pocket if any at all. Then you can still get the max 9 as planned.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's sad. I can say I am super impressed with Walther's customer service. They had my P22 fixed and back in the mail in less than 48 hours after receiving it.

I just don't like the grip. Does not fit my hands well at all. Shot a gen 4 19, 43x, and 35. All shot well, just don't like the feel.
Ruger has fantastic customer service too. I had the extractor blow right off my LCP II. I called customer service and they emailed me a shipping label right away and the turn around time for repair (they just replaced the whole slide, barrel and all) and return to me was 6 days.
They even tossed 2 new mags in the box.

i never liked the feel of the Glocks either but the g42 felt good in my hand. The g19 gen 5 does as well now that the finger grips are gone. I hope i never have to test their customer service.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I'm keeping the gen. 4. I've had it quite awhile and put too much lead downrange with it to let it go!

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think what I'm going to do is add the 19 to my layaway, which this dealer allows you to do as long as you make payments on both items. If I later decide I don't want or can't afford the Max 9, I can cancel it and get a refund minus a $10.00 cancellation fee.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think what I'm going to do is add the 19 to my layaway, which this dealer allows you to do as long as you make payments on both items. If I later decide I don't want or can't afford the Max 9, I can cancel it and get a refund minus a $10.00 cancellation fee.

That works. Never a such thing as too many guns.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That works. Never a such thing as too many guns.
I beg to differ lol
In the 90s when I did carpet,tile, hardwood,marble flooring
We were hired to replace flooring and carpet in a old guy's house he was in his 80s or maybe 90s
One room probably 18x25ft
Had military rifles standing stacked 3 or 4ft deep all around the room
The weight was breaking through the floor to the floor joist
You name it he had it
Even some 1941 Johnson's
Mauser, Springfield,nagants, Enfield,krags
You name it.
Many were museum quality
It took days to move them to replace and strength the floor.
Nothing was for sale lol
I was mostly amazed he could gather such a huge collection of such variety
He'd bought many in barrels from
Catalogs and auctions
When they were cheap he said lol
I always wondered what happened to all those rifle's.
Oddly not one pistol unless he has another room of pistols
Which was possible
It was a huge 3 story house.
As contractors we only went in rooms where he took us.

Another job we did the guy had a massive bernardelli pistol collection
Probably 30 or 40 many of them competition pistols
He just liked the looks of them didn't even shoot competitions
Really cool pistols I've never seen one since.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to get my friend Darren on here
He went stupid for glocks
When he bought a gen 1 g19
He bought 20 or 25 glock 19s since
all generations and some Davidson specials
Some grip stippled or customized.
Add all the other Glocks he bought probably 20 or 30
He said he's got just about everything all caliber's except the Glock 18.
He likes the .45 gap and carries it alot.
Funny thing is one year he bought
10 or 15 smith and Wesson m&ps because for a short time he thought smith's were better.
He sold them off after realizing Glocks superiority again.
He's AR crazy now I'll have to ask what he's bought.

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do have some Glocks the 23 and 30s are my favorites
That 30s is one of the most accurate .45s I have
I won't buy another because the competition is far less expensive
I can get 2.0 smith's which I prefer to Glock for under 400.00 often.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My thing about Glocks is not that they are dramatically superior to other choices or "perfection"- because they are not. Glocks are simple as dirt, parts are cheap and readily available, and Glock has continually refined the original design since 1980 instead of creating something entirely new (with different mags and other parts) every decade like other manufacturers do. So, they just work for me.