GTG competitions

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just saw my first gtg competition Saturday. It was fun and very educational. The host was extremely knowledgeable and generous with everything saw related. Thanks EJ. I'm a firewood cutter and want to improve my experience doing it so I want to see things that apply to me. This is just my thoughts on a subject I know less than very little about. In saw competitions I would like to see them cut big(for the saw)hardwood. A milled log would help keep everything same size. This would help put distance between saw times and pertain to my wood cutting. A all origional saw to set baseline would be nice also to show what us running store bought are missing out on. If you are racing a 4.3 cube saw a milled 18" oak would be good. Since I'm wanting to get a 4910 next I would suggest a 4910 build off cutting 14" hardwood block with 16" bar. A lot of echos 590/620 were sold also so that would be another I would be interested in. Could be two classes modded stock and hybrids. Just thinking about myself. Yes I have a 590.

EJ mcnamara

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds good. I'm open to anything on saws. Let's get together on a gtg for next year.and how to improve on things.

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm willing to help however I can Brother. Problem is I don't know anything about em. Yours was first actual GTG for me. One thing is the sooner the GTG date and rules are posted the easier to plan for and get saws and get em ready. I'm just learning about em. Their FUN. I would like to compete. Not to win so much as to have fun. More fun than watching.

Last edited: