High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
10:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just got this in the mail and started playing with it. I got 4 chains sharpened this afternoon hopefully Friday I will be able to go test them out.
Here is part one

Shawn Curry

Cuts trees in half
Local time
11:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I thought the hook looked good. I have one of those too, though I don't use it much anymore. The thing I didn't like about it was that it has a tendency to shift a little on the bar. If you have a dedicated bar to use with it, you could drill a little divot into the bar for the thumb screw to sit in, and that should help it stay put a little better.

Left Coast Supply has some CBN ("diamond") stones for them too, but they're pricey - around $20 each. But they should last just about forever.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
so any more on this?
Yes I have been doing as much testing as I can. I don't want to have to much of "this is new and cool" opinion in it.
I also want to get a few different brands of stones to test as I am sure that will very results as much if not more then anything else.
So far I am getting excellent results.
With the forester brand stones I am seeing varied results. Compared to the manual file jig the 12 volt grinder is faster on touch ups and maintenance sharpening. However reprofiling (taking a 30 deg chain to a 10deg ripping) Istarted faster with the file manual jig.
Like I said I need to get some different stones to test as well.
I can't seem to add photos anymore sooo.....

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Yes I have been doing as much testing as I can. I don't want to have to much of "this is new and cool" opinion in it.
I also want to get a few different brands of stones to test as I am sure that will very results as much if not more then anything else.
So far I am getting excellent results.
With the forester brand stones I am seeing varied results. Compared to the manual file jig the 12 volt grinder is faster on touch ups and maintenance sharpening. However reprofiling (taking a 30 deg chain to a 10deg ripping) Istarted faster with the file manual jig.
Like I said I need to get some different stones to test as well.
I can't seem to add photos anymore sooo.....

Your not the only one having issues with pics. I have been too. Seems like others have been as well.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Wow something just went crazy?

nickw

A Legend in my own mind
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought the hook looked good. I have one of those too, though I don't use it much anymore. The thing I didn't like about it was that it has a tendency to shift a little on the bar. If you have a dedicated bar to use with it, you could drill a little divot into the bar for the thumb screw to sit in, and that should help it stay put a little better.

Left Coast Supply has some CBN ("diamond") stones for them too, but they're pricey - around $20 each. But they should last just about forever.
I looked on Left Coast Supplies and can't find any CBN or Diamond stones. They have ABN stones @ $18 ea but it isn't diamond. I'm interested in something that can work with carbide tipped chains. How do I find CBN on their site?

Shawn Curry

Cuts trees in half
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I looked on Left Coast Supplies and can't find any CBN or Diamond stones. They have ABN stones @ $18 ea but it isn't diamond. I'm interested in something that can work with carbide tipped chains. How do I find CBN on their site?

Sorry for the bad info. Those ABN stones are the ones I was thinking of. You could try using the search feature or Google. Good Luck.

Shawn Curry

Cuts trees in half
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I think the best option for a diamond bit with the granberg unit would be to simply thread the shank on these

I'm pretty sure those ones are NOT "real" industrial diamond. You probably will not find any "real" diamond burrs made for sharpening chainsaws. You could probably find a suitable wheel in the $250-$500 range. Personally I'd dump the carbide chains unless you're doing "jaws-of-life" type stuff.

nickw

A Legend in my own mind
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty sure those ones are NOT "real" industrial diamond. You probably will not find any "real" diamond burrs made for sharpening chainsaws. You could probably find a suitable wheel in the $250-$500 range. Personally I'd dump the carbide chains unless you're doing "jaws-of-life" type stuff.
If you've ever milled creosote power poles (not telephone poles), you'd see the need/ I can't say they're a sensible option financially but they do make it possible.

Gunn

Yay sawz
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Breathing in the dust from those power poles would turn me off. That *s-word is just nasty.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag

Shawn I'm inclined to agree with you for carbide. However, the price is cheap enough and the reviews are good enough that I'm inclined to give them a try on regular chain. I'll let everyone know how they work when I get around to it.

Who knows maybe I'll have them in time for you to try yourself in August brother!

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Any further progress, reports or feedback from sharpening and the chain performance afterwards?