NOW understand I also am an advocate for using heat and a hammer! Hence:

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For me the focus was simply finding reasons to use machining skills..:) Nothing more.....Wish more had them so we could chat and exchange idea's...that was my focus. I know....a little off topic. But love machining, miss that part of my life. Hoping to add more in the future.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
For me the focus was simply finding reasons to use machining skills..:) Nothing more.....Wish more had them so we could chat and exchange idea's...that was my focus. I know....a little off topic. But love machining, miss that part of my life. Hoping to add more in the future.

yea and im trying to find a reason to buy a lathe...I don't need you givin me more ideas !!!!:mad:

I was thinking about doing the same thing with installing the seals/bearings as well. the adaptors from the crank to the tool is the link.
pull, separate, install everything needed except pulling the stuck bearings off the crank...
great minds think alike ???

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yea and im trying to find a reason to buy a lathe...I don't need you givin me more ideas !!!!:mad:

I was thinking about doing the same thing with installing the seals/bearings as well. the adaptors from the crank to the tool is the link.
pull, separate, install everything needed except pulling the stuck bearings off the crank...
great minds think alike ???

Two tools I have for that...first those goofy 372xt's where the clutch sides crumble...then you have to pull the "race" out of the case...:)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
BTW I tried those NSK bearings....QUICKLY found out thats not a good idea!!! Since went to Nachi's and won't use anything else unless they are "unique" or proprietary specific to a saw...like the Husqvarna's

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
BTW I tried those NSK bearings....QUICKLY found out thats not a good idea!!! Since went to Nachi's and won't use anything else unless they are "unique" or proprietary specific to a saw...like the Husqvarna's
I have used a pile of nachi bearings
They seem to be good

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I only know two people within a mile of my house with lathe's. So last month I got a lathe, duh. I've learned Carbides for constant cutting, hss for interrupted cuts. I've also been using diamond burs to good effect making chip breaker and re-profiling the cheap brazed carbide tools.

kkemp

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 9 in south bend 4 ft bed. Great machine . With some imagination you can make about anything. :)

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any plans to make a few sets of these? I could see these being handy to have.
I guess I could if there is interest. But they would be crude as you can see! I could make up 10-15 and see if there is enough interest I guess....what would be a fair price? Maybe $75 for a "handle" along with the drill and tapped threaded rods & bushing for one saw? $100?? I have no idea as I really hadn't thought about the resale as much as the DIY with a lathe concept. But yea, I can make stuff if folks are interested....treat it as a "saw repair" and put it on the stack! I'll make a couple and see. You folks have to guide this though. Just have to remember each one would be an individual..:)

All you folks with lathes could make this stuff...my bet is some of the "better" builders could also do a "better" job on building these as well...:) I'll do a couple in MS660 threads and a couple in 372/390 Husqvarna threads.

maulhead

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess I could if there is interest. But they would be crude as you can see! I could make up 10-15 and see if there is enough interest I guess....what would be a fair price? Maybe $75 for a "handle" along with the drill and tapped threaded rods & bushing for one saw? $100?? I have no idea as I really hadn't thought about the resale as much as the DIY with a lathe concept. But yea, I can make stuff if folks are interested....treat it as a "saw repair" and put it on the stack! I'll make a couple and see. You folks have to guide this though. Just have to remember each one would be an individual..:)

All you folks with lathes could make this stuff...my bet is some of the "better" builders could also do a "better" job on building these as well...:) I'll do a couple in MS660 threads and a couple in 372/390 Husqvarna threads.

I don't own a lathe, I know a guy with one, maybe I will run the idea by him see what he thinks of making me one. I'd like to have one for 1128's, for the clutch side, for pulling the cases together.

afleetcommand

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1128's? 044-046's? DO they have the same threads as the 660's on one or the other side? I have a variety of different reverse thread taps and metric taps here just from a few other projects.

Last edited: