GB Lopro bars & milling probs

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
9:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve heard there’s been some problems with people using the lopro bars on 880/1 and nose sprockets blowing

thus chain snapping and making a mess.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems

the guys I’ve heard about are using 48” lopro on the ms 880/1. I’ve not heard of anything using the 660/1 .
I know it’s a different bar mount etc.

It would be good to hear other problems ie if it’s batch related or just wrong specs of rivets and maybe even or just operator error.

I can post a bit more later..
but in the mean time has anyone had probs with the noses blowing on the gb bars and the lopros ?

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think we fond a reason asto why things went wrong. Chain either to slack and then tightened a bit to much.

this put pressure on the nose and with a bit of cooling more pressure. and either nose went pop. Or chain went pop.
But the nose popped on more than one occasion. So maybe a bit of both..

It’s been put down to old school milling habits, and being a heavyweight on the tools when it really should have been a learning carefully again experience. ;)
Also happy to say it’s not me o_O

98FD1446-EE2E-49F0-B14B-EA019B5BCC5B.jpeg 34CADE15-51C4-4D6E-9D25-CF34478FA7C3.jpeg B59588DE-CD1E-495B-B876-0A75A0A1A4D4.jpeg 123C47E8-586F-4A03-8651-7AB67C1B211D.jpeg

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
glad the b/c aren't dodgy . @Wonkydonkey how long till she blew? glad you got it figured out so you can get back to the crack;)

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stihl Potlicker
It wasn’t me who had the problem. It was some guy on a uk site. I was just gonna ask here if anyone had problems etc. But the bottom line he said was .

I know what I,m doing I’ve been doing this for yrs, it’s the chain and or nose sprockets.

but when we read his Instagram, it revealed abit more, stuff he didn’t say in the thread.
He had a big ego and wanted to tell everyone. Even thou he got his money back and then blocked by the seller because of his attitude.
I read the sellers web page on the product. I could read between the lines that if you over tightened the chain when hot, it would stress the nose and then go pop while ripping

I could point you to it directly if you were that interested, but I feel it’s just not worth dragging this place into this sort of thing.

Anyhow.like I said, I did think at first it was a manufacturing fault on the nose sprockets, that’s why I asked.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
4:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tired milling with 3/8's lopro on a ported 395 and at 30" cut of oak it snapped a drive link in no time. After that I just stuck with regular 3/8's. Maybe Stihl 3/8's lopro would hold up better than the Windsor I had but it's still asking a lot out of the small chassis.

The drive links are pretty rounded and beat up in those pictures. I bet the chain was pretty stretched and it cracked the sprocket on the tip from it having to pull the chain links back to a normal spacing with a fair amount of chain tension.