High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Fun time with the new to me Bunton

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Had this machne given to me last summer as a no start. I replaced the coil to get it to start and then pretty much put in storage for the fall and winter.

Went to work on it Saturday.
Fought the front pivot tire nearly all day Saturday but got it aired up and bearings regreased, reinstalled the fork Sunday morning.

Have a rear tire that takes air fills up and drains out 10 minutes later. Can't just pull the cotter key and remove the tire from the shaft to clean up the bead area so it will seal. Decided after the fight Saturday I was not going to spend all Sundy fighting with it.
Pulled the tire away from the bead on the inside cleaned the area with soapy water then dryed it.
Squirted some tire seal on the fingers and rubbed it on the tires bead all around.
Repeted the porcess on the outer bead then aired it up.

I took it for a spin out to mow the ditch one of the reasons I got it.
There is no clutch on this thing, you have to keep one levar at least down at all times and use the brake levers to turn it. it takes a bit of time to learn to use the left hand to hold the run lever down then use the right hand to reach the transmission lever to stop the machine.

Had to just let go the run lever and kill the engine when I had it trying to climb a tree. Glad no one was around to see that. Probably killed them laughing at the monkey trying to run a machine.

Also found it strange the handle bars didn't have any grips. the far left lever with a right hand bend is the mower engauge lever, push forward and left to lock it to run. Middle lever with round knob is the reverse lever, transmission has to be in R also when reverseing. the D shaped handle below the dash panal is the tramsmission shift handle.

Also the 14 hp single kholer engine is a manual start.Formar owner had trouble getting it to start every spring is why he got rid of it.
I cleaned the crap from the float bowl several years for him to get it running. Couldn't convince him to by REC gas non ethnol or use stable for the winter.

Today I am going to take it and mow the fence line what I got it for also along with the ditch.

Al

ktmtigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have one of those that loved to eat exhaust side push rod. Every summer I would have to straighten it or replace. Went completely through the engine new cam, crank, rockers and it still did it

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those Buntons dominated commercial lawn business here in the 80's and 90's, still bunches of them in use. Tough machines but the multiple lever dance got old fast and made zero turns very attractive, it reminded me of the old twin stick truck transmissions.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Starting to get a better hang of the machine. more I use it the better I am able to handle it.

Do not believe it was ever ment to do postage stamp sized yards either.

Al