Boogerman61*

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This may have been answered somewhere else, but I could not find it.
Has anyone tried to run a full circle crank in a Stihl chainsaw? Is it even possible?
Issues? Non issues? If a specific saw is needed lets say a MS362 or MS462.
If this has been answered somewhere else, please let me know.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personally i would choose to put a full circle crank in a non strato saw. Way too many variables to take into account with stratified saws. Partially this is due to my misunderstanding of strato engines, too much to wrap my head around.

Boogerman61*

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It never enter my mind that those were both stratified. I was just throwing numbers out, lets use the 361 & 461 for example. I am just thinking about trying it on a saw. A friend of mine sent me this picture of one he is putting in a 3120. And I am uninformed on the subject of full circle cranks, never dealt with them.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
10:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 4 357s too...didn't make jump from stuff angle, was thinking maybe strength. Cheers.
that 3120 crank that was showed is a very expensive thingy for racing, appears to be stroked. certainly more rotating mass, but its really just a way to take up crankcase volume.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
notice the different con rod on the full circle crank. i havent personally experienced but thats allegedly the weak link in those when you start spinning em fast.

LBracing

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It never enter my mind that those were both stratified. I was just throwing numbers out, lets use the 361 & 461 for example. I am just thinking about trying it on a saw. A friend of mine sent me this picture of one he is putting in a 3120. And I am uninformed on the subject of full circle cranks, never dealt with them.View attachment 374036
Hi sir , that is my work and would appreciate those pictures be kept where they were shared , in private .

Thank you

Boogerman61*

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know any of you folks, what you do or where you are. The pics where shared with me by the installer/purchaser.
No trying to let out anyone's secrets. If you want to PM me and explain yourselves lets do it.
Do you have a Patent? Anything to prove this is yours? I don't know who built this, but I really don't care for your approach and I don't care if you care. If someone on this site has a question, concern, advise you can PM me and lets talk about it or I can give you my phone number and we can talk on the phone. Hel.... I will give you my address. But do not do this kid crap of ganging up on someone and trying to bully them.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know any of you folks, what you do or where you are. The pics where shared with me by the installer/purchaser.
No trying to let out anyone's secrets. If you want to PM me and explain yourselves lets do it.
Do you have a Patent? Anything to prove this is yours? I don't know who built this, but I really don't care for your approach and I don't care if you care. If someone on this site has a question, concern, advise you can PM me and lets talk about it or I can give you my phone number and we can talk on the phone. Hel.... I will give you my address. But do not do this kid crap of ganging up on someone and trying to bully them.
He didn’t bully anyone. Luc said that those pictures were shared privately and in confidence and then they got posted publicly. I’m guessing somewhere down the line they got shared with you but they weren’t supposed to be shared. He has every right to ask that they be taken down if they’re his. And he doesn’t appear to be the kind of person that would claim them if they weren’t his.

Boogerman61*

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then let him pm me are call me if they are his. Not for nothing once they hit the web everyone has them and they are not private unless the the guy has a patent, trademark or something. How does he know someone has not already copied his work? Point is I have heard nothing from the guy.
I didn't say he was a bully. I said his buddy's getting on with all that I got you back shi... was bullying in open forum.
I suggest until you and your friends stop jumping to conclusions and reach out to someone privately. Especially before you start jumping on the wagon insinuating something was done. The original post from the so called maker of the crank was just fine until his so called buddies started posting. If that's you then let the man deal with his business and stay out of it. It was fine until you put your nose in. And if you are an example of this site I am through with it. You enjoy your secrets. Tell your buddy to get a patent.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They aren’t buddies that I know of. A moderator was asked to remove the picture from the open forum so he did it. That’s all. Him saying “I got your back“ it’s like saying “Yep, I’ll remove the pic”.

Like mentioned earlier, the picture was supposed to be private, and it sounds like someone else shared it with you and you unknowingly shared it. No harm no foul. He didn’t accuse you of anything.

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Then let him pm me are call me if they are his. Not for nothing once they hit the web everyone has them and they are not private unless the the guy has a patent, trademark or something. How does he know someone has not already copied his work? Point is I have heard nothing from the guy.
I didn't say he was a bully. I said his buddy's getting on with all that I got you back shi... was bullying in open forum.
I suggest until you and your friends stop jumping to conclusions and reach out to someone privately. Especially before you start jumping on the wagon insinuating something was done. The original post from the so called maker of the crank was just fine until his so called buddies started posting. If that's you then let the man deal with his business and stay out of it. It was fine until you put your nose in. And if you are an example of this site I am through with it. You enjoy your secrets. Tell your buddy to get a patent.
He was exceptionally cordial about asking that it stays private, nobody ever insulted or jumped on you, woodpecker simply said he would delete the pic out of respect for LB. Nobody jumped to a conclusion, we can look at that picture and know whose work it is, it isn’t about being copied. You or anyone else who saw that pic isn’t gonna whip up your own today…

Woodpecker was tagged as Kiwi knew that would be a fast resolution and respect LB, there was no question to be asked as you admitted it wasn’t your work anyways. No reason to be upset, nobody is mad at you, no need to be defensive. Learn from your mistakes and roll on…if you didn’t build it, don’t post without asking, just a respect thing especially someone who has dedicated years to their craft.