High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Fs83 trimmer

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Any good techs remember the redmax made fs83 trimmers? Mainly in reference to exactly what model redmax trimmer used that motor so I can source the correct carb an not the pos China junk their peddling on eBay . This model motor used the two independent pre molded rubber tubes coming out of transfer covers if this helps. Any help would be greatly appriciated . Carbs are nla thru Stihl , surprise surprise

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I`m not exactly sure but I think it was a Walbro WYA-2 (2A) carburetor. Maybe some of our resident carb gurus know more.

Edit: Found some more information about the engine. It uses a stratified scavening engine with reed valves and carburetors are the Walbro WYA1 and WYA2 for California.

@backhoelover

Last edited:

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I`m not exactly sure but I think it was a Walbro WYA-2 (2A) carburetor. Maybe some of our resident carb gurus know more.

Edit: Found some more information about the engine. It uses a stratified scavening engine with reed valves and carburetors are the Walbro WYA1 and WYA2 for California.

@backhoelover

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
As far as everything above it seems as tho we’re talking about exact same model mine had the wya2a carb on it , but sadly Stihl no longer supports most parts for this half breed. You wouldn’t by chance know what redmax model it was a spitting image of to cross reference parts would ya? Or if any of our walbro guys could access a list of what other wya would be equivalents?

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did some searching and it looks like the Redmax BCZ2500 S/SU/SW series comparing IPLs.

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I did some searching and it looks like the Redmax BCZ2500 S/SU/SW series comparing IPLs.
Exactly what I found but even there ya go to order the carb thru Husqvarna an it says no longer availsble

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can’t thank you enough! It’s ashame Stihl does that with some products after a few years just jumps ship , when this trimmer ran it was pretty powerful fir a 25cc motor!

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hey I see your from Germany , have you heard any new news on this potential green universal solenoid valve Stihl is apparently bringing out after all the black failure prone valves here in the states has been depleated? Suposidly the new number is 5111 Instead of the 5110 black valve , 5104 white valve. From the rumors I’ve heard the green will be the universal fix all for saws like the Ms201tc that for the longest time would only accept the black one, as well as the ms241cm

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I know this "potential green valve" is also white and longer and smaller as the existing current white one.

Shortfuze82

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
As I know this "potential green valve" is also white and longer and smaller as the existing current white one.
That’s interesting! You wouldn’t happen to have any pictures? Or even be able to order one yet? With the 5111 number? We are kept in the dark here in the states sn most dealers are more concerned about selling product then keeping up with latest improvements... I was in my dealer one day an overheard a commercial account complaining this was the second time his saw was in for same issue .... tech told the guy that the solenoid valve prob needs replaced again. Guy had a ms362 cm second gen on the counter , you would have thought if the dealer was worth anything they would have followed stihls instruction to update the black valve it came with to the 5104 but I bet you money that dealer was just putting 5110 failure prone ones back in! The tech said to the disgruntled customer hey it’s all good Stihl warrantied this repair the customer pauses an says I really don’t care if they do or not if I’m going to replace this part once a month!

Last edited:

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don`t think this is availible yet. The updated version of the MS 261 C-M (which should be released this spring here) should come with the new valve.

We will see what is happening.

Last edited: