Fruecrue 660 build thread

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
9:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started assembly, most was pretty straight forward. I purchased a hyway gasket kit from HLSupply because I was concerned about the quality of the farmertec seals and case gasket.
I pulled the farmertec seals and chucked them. I then set the clutch side bearing a bit deeper to not interfere with the oil pump.
I heated some sae30 lawnmower oil in a metal can to 300 degrees, verified with a temperature probe.IMG_1777.JPG
I measured the width of the lobes and crankcase clearance to determine I needed .026" on either side.
I placed clutch side case over another metal can and poured hot oil over the bearing to heat it. Inserted crank using a feeler gage as spacer. Placed the gasket with a little motoseal then heated the second bearing and assembled the case with ease.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll probably do the muffler mod, practice cutting finger ports, and do my port work in the mean time.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ran into any other fit or finish issues
I've got some rubber bits leftover
:nusenuse:
I threw the farmertec p&c on her with base gasket, squish at .030".
Took forever to start, didn't run great. Tune was all over. I'll pressure /vac test soon. But I think it's carb and/or timing.
I'm done for the day. It'll come back apart at some point.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vac test it, then check the carb (especially the float adjustment level), then put an OEM fuel line and filter in it.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got some rubber bits leftover
:nusenuse:
I threw the farmertec p&c on her with base gasket, squish at .030".
Took forever to start, didn't run great. Tune was all over. I'll pressure /vac test soon. But I think it's carb and/or timing.
I'm done for the day. It'll come back apart at some point.
pictures of the rubber bits left over

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Vac test it, then check the carb (especially the float adjustment level), then put an OEM fuel line and filter in it.

Already has oem fuel line, filter, impulse line and wrist pin bearing, all used but in good condition.

Honorary mention to @Redfin, he offered me the piston out of his kit! Thank you! There's some pretty great guys hanging around this place.

I was messing around yesterday with the cross cylinder and I noticed the magnets pulling on the coil while the piston was at TDC. Don't know what that means, but I will compare relative position to my 460 for reference.

Might not get back at it for a couple days, I've got a buddy coming over tomorrow to run some different rifle loads through the chronograph, then we'll most likely have a fire and some beers after that.:camper:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the flywheel moved it will do weird stuff. I had it happen on a 460, since then I always make sure the surfaces are clean and the nut is very tight. Generally use Scotchbrite on the surfaces, seems to work well.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I saw on another site that some of the Chinese clones have some vib dampening stuff that is not on the OEM saws.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a walbro WJ-76 NIB that will probably end up on the saw. I've not had good experience with aftermarket carbs.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
next piece on left is wiring buffer at tank
the bellow is for at throttle rod
metal bushing and 3/8 diameter rubber is for brake handle
one small o ring is oil pump seal to case
funny shaped rubber goes on back of case for bumper