High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

friends how would you build your 064

sawtalk81

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
friends how would you build your 064 for professional logging other than the standard "woods" port? your thoughts friends

Last edited:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
friends how would you build your 064 for professional logging other thsn the standard "woods" port? your thoughts friends

Triple port muffler west coast clutch cover. Ms660 filter, filter housing and filter cover swap.

sawtalk81

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I’m the opposite. I like the 064 and 066’s but I’m a Husky believer
I'm just not a huge fan of the new Huskies nightmare to work on darn near need a computer to fix them LOL. and a primer bubble on a saw?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
friends how would you build your 064 for professional logging other than the standard "woods" port? your thoughts friends
It really comes down to is it going to be taken care of? Is it a logger/tree guy that cleans his saws, keeps a sharp chain and knows how to tune? If it’s a really abusive gorilla type I recommend just doing a muff mod (put screen back in if they are cutting on state property) so it runs a little cooler and make sure everything is working properly/serviced on the saw. Not worth porting something that will be destroyed in 3 months.

Last edited:

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
4:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll be honest, they arent making any more 064's...if it's in particularly good shape...put it on a shelf and dont log with it. Find an ms660 and have that ported, toss a maxflow on it, and that is a duty worthy saw. One of the toughest saws ever made in my opinion, gutless stock tho.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
to be honest they don't make too many decent "NEW" saws anymore, nothing but a pain to service and unreliable.
There's plenty of new saws out there that have proven reliable, I can't speak for any of them as all I have are 372s 365 346 2159 jonsered all runners, yes they are 20 years old but perform like they are supposed to. What I and many here are saying is that 064 is a great saw and getting harder to find (even parts) read around this forum and you'll see there are new saws that are available and still able to be worked on without a computer, just listen to these guys and they'll lead you in the right direction whether it's husqvarna or stihl or anything else.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

sawtalk81

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
In a way i was being kinda sarcastic. Yes the saws in your collection are excellent saws. i personally love the 064 even the 044 are getting harder to find that aren't scrap metal..