High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I heat a good portion of my old two story farmhouse with a Pacific Energy T-6 Alderlae. I primarily burn Hedge, Honey Locust, Oak(s), Hackleberry, Red Elm, and Ash. I typically mix in various softwoods from cleanup efforts helping friends to include Pine, Silver Maple, Siberian Elm, Poplar, Bradford Pear, Cedar, and Sweet Gum.

Apparently it had been 8 years since I truly cleaned my stove out, to include de-ashing the re-burn baffle with the layer of ceramic matting... I should have taken pictures, but I'll bet that I pulled 8-9 dry cups of fly ash out. I had noticed that the secondary combustion had been lazy of late ad wondered if my wood was still a bit damp, hampering the effort. NOPE!!!!

I cleaned ash out of the boost manifold, and the ceramic insulation blankets around the baffle as well, and likely netted about 3-4 more cups of fly ash. all in all I probably lightened the baffle by a bit over a pound. This was all prompted by dorking up the door seal and replacing today, which was fun as I did it essentially one handed, just having had shoulder surgery last Thursday!! Regardless of that, it's done now, and the stove is back to being fairly miserly on consumption, and I had tremendous secondary flames!! I just got too Frenching busy with life, family, etc and time got away from me. It might be worth a look for those of you, who like me, try to pack 50lbs of life in a 10lb can!

Good luck, and God bless!!!

Last edited: