Trader history (0)

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought a saw a little while ago that had no spark when I received it.

Seller was really motivated to make it right, and as the cost of a new coil from the dealership listed out at 135 bucks the seller sought out a used coil from a presumably reputable used parts dealer - which was more than I would've asked for anyway.

Used coil arrived. Decided against installing it immediately after unpacking it. Seller is in agreement, coil looks pretty beat-up...

I ended up getting a new one from the dealership, just didn't want the aggravation of having this coil fail when I needed it most, plus it just really rubs me wrong when people sell this kind of junk - even IF they say it was tested and works fine. Used motor oil works fine too, but for some stupid reason I don't put it back in my engine...

So here ya go. Used, un-proven ignition coil for an 024/028/034... series saw. Free, just reimburse me for whatever it cost to ship it to you IF you can afford it. Neither the seller nor I want to deal with the headache of trying to return it, and because I can't personally avouch for it and tell you it came out of a good running saw, neither of us want anything for it.

That said, we'd like to see it go to someone who really needs it. If you just want a spare to keep on the shelf, this deal wasn't intended for you so please let someone else who needs it have a shot.

If you're between a rock and a hard place and have a dead saw, need a coil, can't swing a new one and have a hard time justifying what a used one costs, PM me or e-mail me on mestimmel2@gmail.com and I'll get it out to you immediately via priority mail in the original packaging that the used parts dealer sent it to us in.

Here's pics:

IMG_2508.JPG

IMG_2541.JPG

The spider web in the boot was a nice touch, don't ya think?

For reference, here's a pic of the replacement coil alongside the coil that I'd just removed from the saw a few moments earlier.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I pulled that replacement coil out of its' box. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't but in my mind who could actually ask money for that thing?

IMG_2507.JPG

And because we all like shiny new shti, here's a pic of the new coil I got yesterday, lol:

IMG_2540 (1).JPG

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys, but I'm not anyone special. Well, despite what my mom used to say... Lol

There've been men here who joined together to help me or others in much more meaningful ways, so if we all do a little, at the end of the day for someone else it means a lot.

It may seem like a silly thread, and hundred bucks for a new coil ain't a lot of money for most guys here, but for some, even 10 bucks for postage can be tough to swing. I know. So we're just trying to help someone out is all.

Heck, we don't even know if the dang thing works or not. The original paperwork from the used parts dealer is still in the box, so if it don't work maybe he'll honor it and swap it out for whoever ends up with it.

Golden rule, gents.

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Mel what does it go on besides it must be for a Creamsicle,,, Wh1ch one does it fit??? or did I miss it???\

Duhhh I re read your original post,,, Not sure it would fit????

I could use one for an 044 or an o36 got a couple of projects in the works

Last edited:

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Gents, the current Stihl part number (taken from my invoice) is 0000 400 1300

http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...-260-440-Chainsaws-Replaces-0000-400-1300.axd

Preference is that this go to someone who is kinda in serious need, which is why I felt a PM or email would help them ask so others wouldn't know they were on hard times.

If I haven't heard from someone who has a "desperate" need for it after a week, I'll send it out to Texas.

mels

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank-you, though I'm merely passing it along. The gentleman who I bought the saw from sent the coil to me, it came out of his pocket so he really deserves any "credit" if we have to put a name on it. ;)

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
6:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey man sent you a PM on Friday, need to hear from you so I can send this out.
PM and email sent.... been working a pipeline repair overtime job in central California,,, haven't been on the net in a few days just finished the first part today