Forum hack or tapatalk error?

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking over the forum in the Chainsaw sub forum shows many many posts in Chinese. Is this some problem with the forum, or my tapatalk client?
Can we clean up this riff raff?

330d55d6d6269811fc711095bc72b098.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Android tablet PC and Chrome here, also seeing a whole bunch of Chinese posts/threads.

Clean up in aisle "Chainsaws" please!

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is crazy.
Freaking scum bag hackers! !!!!

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
10:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
@Gentleman
@Mastermind

The guys you've got hosting the forum should be logging the inbound traffic and will be able to determine the IP address of the sender. They should (perhaps look up the address in list categorising address ranges by issuing country first etc) then be able to put the IP address on a blacklist - if the sender is not clued up enough to "spoof" another IP address from a more innocent location.

The internet is the new Wild West....

:2guns:

(The people who host for me, actually maintain quite an extensive blacklist, and for me, I have the reverse problem, in the past I had to request that they permit a "blacklisted" address to contact me)

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not so certain you can actually determine from IP's exactly where things are coming from .It's about like tracking down a scammer using telephone numbers .They remote them somehow from Lord only knows from where .It's almost a modern version of the old shell game or three card monty .Now you see me now you don't .
I have a vision of a hacker .Some pimpley faced little twerp with about half a tackle box full of fish hooks in their face dressed in drag attacking the internet because they can .You never see them,they just go underground like the rat they are .--don't get me started .

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The place was looking a little Chinese when I logged on & muh merican friends were sleepin. We'd been invaded, 1st 7 pages were all chincy.

MattG

Chainosaurus Rex
Local time
10:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not so certain you can actually determine from IP's exactly where things are coming from .
If they aren't spoofed addresses, then yeah, you'll stand a chance of getting the issuing ISP. e.g if the ip addr is

then if it's class B then you could (perhaps?) determine that 213.120.*.* is issued by LangShangPo ISP or something.

You might, then talk to the kind people of LangShangPo, and say "who did you lease 213.120.228.99 for this date/time range?"

That's the theory, but of course, the hacker might have been in a free wifi hotspot - then you're screwed, or the hacker may be clever enough to spoof etc - then you're screwed.

But yeah, I'm sure you share my views, Al, the internet is virtually impossible to police. :(