mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am trying to build a new shop and the local government is being a pain.So I am thinking about getting a fork lift to get my 25 foot travel trail in and out of my shop. I got a air boat also that I need to keep in my shop. Space is limited. Want to go with a pneumatic tire unit. As the title says I KNOW NOTHING both them. Hogans heroes there. I see a lot of auction sights for this type of stuff. Is there a sight I should be looking at? Thank you for any info.PS out side of the shop will be Gravel.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am trying to build a new shop and the local government is being a pain.So I am thinking about getting a fork lift to get my 25 foot travel trail in and out of my shop. I got a air boat also that I need to keep in my shop. Space is limited. Want to go with a pneumatic tire unit. As the title says I KNOW NOTHING both them. Hogans heroes there. I see a lot of auction sights for this type of stuff. Is there a sight I should be looking at? Thank you for any info.PS out side of the shop will be Gravel.
Are you looking for electric or internal combustion? I have more experience with the electric, propane works good too though, and would be less maintenance.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am think internal combustion. The only reason why is it won't be use all that much and don't want to hassle with batterys

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am think internal combustion. The only reason why is it won't be use all that much and don't want to hassle with batterys
I would go with gas too. Unless it is in use constantly, then battery. Cost to run makes a difference with a lot of running, not so much occasional use. Mitsubishi engines are pretty common and reliable. You may want an older unit that has less electronic interlocks. Simpler is better for the home owner.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pulled a forklift out of the gravel at local hardware. They do not seem to work well on loose surfaces. Would a tractor with loader and forks work?

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pulled a forklift out of the gravel at local hardware. They do not seem to work well on loose surfaces. Would a tractor with loader and forks work?
As long as it is fairly level, and has pneumatic tires, it would probably be ok. You are right about loose surfaces, our shop at work is on a hill, and the parking lot is gravel. They almost always have to get the forklift pulled out after burying itself.

Hard tires are not good unless the surface is like a billiard table.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As long as it is fairly level, and has pneumatic tires, it would probably be ok. You are right about loose surfaces, our shop at work is on a hill, and the parking lot is gravel. They almost always have to get the forklift pulled out after burying itself.

Hard tires are not good unless the surface is like a billiard table.
Depending on size, it's a hard pull, HEAVY.

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need the turning radius. Yes it will be flat and pneumatic tires

Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got forklifts stuck in gravel before. Get a forklift with better ground clearance mostly pnematic.
Have a powerful recovery vehicle or two, with tow chains once they get stuck.
Toyota was a top brand of forklifts.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mirage

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The power trac look way cool

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The power trac look way cool
It is like a swiss army knife. I can go from bucket to rake in 15 seconds without getting out of the seat. Grapple and post hole digger and other hydraulic operated implements take about a minute, because you have to shut off the tractor. Relieve the hydraulic pressure for the attachment clamp, then swap the hoses. The third function operates off the clamp circuit. It is about as handy as hands. The Robin Subaru engines ones are cold blooded, the Kohler ones are not.

My 425 has 800# lift capacity, but can only lift 6'. It has the ability to lift more, but the tractor raises it's rear tires if you lift more. They call that the PT pucker. It is not dangerous, unless side hilling a steep hill. They won't pull like a gear drive either, totally hydraulic, four wheel motors and three pumps. A tram pump for drive, a hydraulic pump for lift and steering, and a pto pump that does 8gpm at 2500 psi.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Forklifts don't work well on gravel but I agree with other comments on older ones for low usage. I work on forklifts everyday. The 4y Toyota motor is bullet proof and is probably one of the easiest motors in anything to work on. Mitsubishi 4g63 and Nissan k21/25 are all good options as far as forklifts go. But as others mentioned a skid steer or a tractor may be a better option for the gravel.