High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

For the guys who get paid to fix saws

BigRed96

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I really enjoy fixing the broken and blown up saws. Word is getting around that I fix them so I am getting quite a bit of Folks asking me to fix their saws and now their blowers and weedeaters. At first I was only charging what it cost in parts. But I am spending my time on fixing them and have quickly grown tired of doing it for free. A large portion of my work is carburetor cleanings and rebuilding with new gasket sets. Another is replacing fuel lines and filters and impulse lines. I am now getting request to sharpen chains as well. For the past few months I have kind of decided on some pricing after seeing the what the two local Stihl dealer charge per hour and their minumums. One charges $89 dollars an hour and the other is in the high $60 an hour ranges both requiring a half hour minumum. I am charging $25 dollars to remove a carburetor, completely disasemmble it, ultrasonic clean it, rebuild it using a new kit(price not included in the $25 dollars), put it back on the saw and tune it by ear in some wood. I am charging 5 dollars a piece to change a fuel line and filter and charging 5 dollars to replace an impulse line. The price of the new lines/filters are not included in the 5 dollar price. I was going to try to charge a flat rate of 35 dollars an hour but its hard to give a 80-100 dollar bill to someone who brought in a saw thats only worth 70 dollars. Further more half the times I eat sharping a chain, which I charge 7 dollars to hand file it and check/adjust the rackers, because the chains are so dull I cant even tune the saw. Am I in the ballpark on my prices? How do you decide what to charge, and finally, what do you charge?

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the shop $70.00/hr with a half hour minimum, at home $55.00/HR with a half hour minimum, $35.00 plus parts to remove/clean/kit/reinstall or replace carb but also replace fuel line(s) and filter every time. $5.00 to sharpen a chain up to 24" off the saw, $7.00 for chain bigger than 24" off saw, add $2.00 for on the saw.

peter92

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I really enjoy fixing the broken and blown up saws. Word is getting around that I fix them so I am getting quite a bit of Folks asking me to fix their saws and now their blowers and weedeaters. At first I was only charging what it cost in parts. But I am spending my time on fixing them and have quickly grown tired of doing it for free. A large portion of my work is carburetor cleanings and rebuilding with new gasket sets. Another is replacing fuel lines and filters and impulse lines. I am now getting request to sharpen chains as well. For the past few months I have kind of decided on some pricing after seeing the what the two local Stihl dealer charge per hour and their minumums. One charges $89 dollars an hour and the other is in the high $60 an hour ranges both requiring a half hour minumum. I am charging $25 dollars to remove a carburetor, completely disasemmble it, ultrasonic clean it, rebuild it using a new kit(price not included in the $25 dollars), put it back on the saw and tune it by ear in some wood. I am charging 5 dollars a piece to change a fuel line and filter and charging 5 dollars to replace an impulse line. The price of the new lines/filters are not included in the 5 dollar price. I was going to try to charge a flat rate of 35 dollars an hour but its hard to give a 80-100 dollar bill to someone who brought in a saw thats only worth 70 dollars. Further more half the times I eat sharping a chain, which I charge 7 dollars to hand file it and check/adjust the rackers, because the chains are so dull I cant even tune the saw. Am I in the ballpark on my prices? How do you decide what to charge, and finally, what do you charge?
I recon $25 an hour is fine , your not ripping them off so there would be no need to complain
I would take my saw to some one and pay that price
Peter

Jimmy in NC

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local saws are good and bad. I am cheaper than local dealers but also make sure they know my family is first. I don't put saws before them. Most of the time I am still faster than local dealers. I do have a stream of local plastic junk that shows up. I always quote the same, $50 minimum not to exceed $110 + tax. They often say that is what a new one costs...and I tell them yea... Ill pick it up at Lowes.