High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

First saw for this mechanic. Please help

jduv10007

OPE Member
Local time
8:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Alright all. New guy to forum and new to chain saws. Please don’t feel like you will offend me. I am a true rookie. Live in Alaska and am an outdoor guy but don’t have chain saw experience. I recently came across a gem. A completely original stihl 038AV magnum ii. Hasn’t run in a few years and was stored with gas. I drained all fluid and cleaned and detailed it. Cleaned the air filter and spark plug looked good. Sprayed so starter fluid in it and after two pulls it started right up. I need a chain saw so I am going to use it but am thinking of buying a new bar and chain and some replacement parts and preserving this chain saw and being able to make it back to original. We were both built in 88 so that’s cool to me.

Anyways I am looking for replacement parts to give this a proper tune up. Would prefer original parts. Can some one tell me the component to a saw. What is the different items that assemble a running chain saw. I assume a pull start, air cleaner, to a carb, to the motor, to the muffler, some how drives the chain to the bar to the chain and the handle/ housing for the fuel/oil and bar oil. Am I missing something. I am looking for part number for all the parts and or a reference to find the parts. I want to rebuild it as it idles a bit rough but it might be the old gas too. Please let me know and thank you all so much for letting me into the forum and the support.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
12:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Google stihl 038 ipl. You'll find the name and numbers for each part